Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Target Board

hi

can anyone help me we recently had an ofsted inspection and they advised us to get rid of one of our display boards that displays the children's targets. We tried to argue that they are there for the parents to see when ever they wish but they was having none of it. i do agree with them to a certain extent so can anyone suggest any other ways of displaying the children's targets for the parents to see without using one of the display boards and also without putting them outside as we do not want parents viewing other childrens targets.

thanks

kate

Why are you wanting to display them? We write ours in the Learning Journeys and parents can come and see them if they are interested. Quite often the targets have been set with the parents anyway, so they know what they are. Couldn't you use your home notebooks for this?

I don't think we should be displaying children's targets publicly at all, so I'd say hoorah for Ofsted in this instance! (never thought I'd say that!). If you have to show this information why not put them in the front of children's special books or learning journeys or whatever you call them? That way parents can access them whenever they want/need to in privacy.

I'll be interested to see what other people think of this, too!

Maz

At the risk of giving you a complex about it, I'm going to move this topic too! :o:(

Hadn't noticed it was in the wrong place, Beau! Do you move all the furniture round when your visitors go to the loo? Or is the "everything in its place" lobe of your brain slightly overstimulated? xD

Maz

Hadn't noticed it was in the wrong place, Beau! Do you move all the furniture round when your visitors go to the loo? Or is the "everything in its place" lobe of your brain slightly overstimulated? :o

Maz

Ahem, just a healthy obsession that's all. xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)