Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ducks

Hi All

I am very excited because after half term we are going on a trip to the farm to collect some duck eggs!!!

I am already thinking about what activites we can do and books we can use and would like to pick your brains for ideas.

Can only think of Duck in a truck, Farmer Duck, Fix it Duck, The Ugly Duckling books. Would like to do something on Daffy Duck if I can work it into the topic.

Any ideas what I can do for activites?

Eventually this topic will lead on to other types of eggs - dinosaurs as the children want to do this.

I wait in hope!

Thanks

Hi All

I am very excited because after half term we are going on a trip to the farm to collect some duck eggs!!!

I am so jealous!

All i can think of at the moment is 5 little ducks...

Gossie and Friends these are nice

Do like a duck does hilarious!

Danny's duck This is lovely

Baby duck books these are nice too

Cold little duck, duck sweet

Come on Daisy good one

Dilly duckling good

It's quacking time a lovely one about eggs hatching

lucky little duck sweet

Pete and polo's farmyard adventure good counting of ducklings

These are the ones we have that are nice

Guest mukerjee1

Hi Rufus,

With a thought to your eventual continuation onto dinosaur eggs we had our children make one giant dino egg from mod roc - we also constructed a nest for it and dispalyed it in the classroom. This led to very interesting opportunities as the children estimated how long it would take to hatch, what it would look like and led to further opportunities exploring and comparing incubation periods and characteristics of other egg laying animals etc...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)