Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Baby Seal

not sure if this is in the correct place but does anyone have experience of this?

I have been able to find and download materials for seal but I work in a pre-school and think there is something around called baby seal which would be more appropriate for our age group but I cant find it and have not a clue where to look. Anyone?

sue

Guest budgie1

The document that Wolfie linked to is the new SEAD document that we are using with all our settings and has some really useful ideas. There is also a trainers handbook to go with it. There are some useful audits at the back that will help you to see where your strengths and weakness may be. All Local authorities were given money to introduce this so it may be worth seeing if they have any training or details to help you :o

thank you wolfie &budgie1 I am currently on a sead course that is why I mentioned the baby seal as it was brought up alongside the seal resources. I have heard of it before from our school HT she was going to do some CPD on it that playgroup could go to but this was last year and seems to have sunk without trace. so I thought I would ask all you knowlegable people if you could help. I will still keep looking but as you say the course throws up some ideas to use so I will have to be content with that for now.

sue

So who is it actually aimed at? Is it for Preschools or for Reception?

Children from birth to five, according to the blurb on teachernet. Our Borough is rolling this out to all practitioners under the heading "Working with Babies".

Which reminds me: must book! :o

Maz

Well I looked at one of the links and it looks more Reception than 'baby'

Here is the opening sentence of the practice guidance booklet:-

This booklet for practitioners is focused mainly on the younger children in the EYFS (birth–36 months), although there is much that will be of interest to practitioners working with the older children.

We'll obviously know more once we've had the training - has anyone else had theirs yet?

Maz

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)