Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Really Need Some Help Please!

Hi I have been asked to make a presentation to parents about building relationships, sharing info etc etc.

I have never Made one before and i really need some help for structure and content.

Please if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Skippy :o

Hmm, Perhaps a good start is to look at all the information you would like to share, and then think about the best case scenario of sharing it well. Do you have a good example of a learning journey showing examples of good sharing of info - or could you manufacture one?

Hi I have been asked to make a presentation to parents about building relationships, sharing info etc etc.

I have never Made one before and i really need some help for structure and content.

Please if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Skippy :o

hello skippy

what kind of setting do you work in? I did a powerpoint presentation when doing my foundation degree.The title was -Working in partnership with parents.Is this the sort of thing you mean,if it is I will find it out and let you know what I included.

hello skippy

what kind of setting do you work in? I did a powerpoint presentation when doing my foundation degree.The title was -Working in partnership with parents.Is this the sort of thing you mean,if it is I will find it out and let you know what I included.

Hi Unsworth i work in an early years setting your power point sounds exactly what i need to do. any info greatly receive x

I would consider starting with having the parents input, "What does 'sharing information' mean to you?"

Include in the presentation:

What parents would want to be informed about.

What settings would like to know

How to include the children in information sharing

Methods of communication

Barriers to communication (language, jargon, literate or not, too much info gets lost etc)

Difficult subjects to communicate ie: behaviour issues, child protection the need for professional honesty alongside consideration of subjects that parents may not want to hear and how to overcome this in the best interests of the child, but with consideration to parents feelings/needs etc.

Recording communication

The importance of confidentiality

Maybe examples of when communication has proved beneficial, examples of how communication can go wrong and why.

I'm sure there's more but mind gone blank now.

Peggy

My tutor always said, 'start by telling them what you are going to tell them, then tell them, then finish off by telling them what you've told them' It's always worked for me!

hello skippy

Sorry i took so long to reply! When i eventually found my PP presentation i remembered it had been done in the policy module of my foundation degree so it was not that relevant to you i dont think.

Think you need to mention how you respect,value and acknowledge parents views,wishes,ideas,

How you currently share info / communicate with parents- (news letters,child development files, parents forum,parents evening are just some ways my setting communicates with parents)

I mentioned Ofsted too and what they expected of my setting with regards working in partnership with parents.

Do you have a working in partnership policy in your setting-you could refer to this.

Have you got time to do a short questionnairre to send out to your parents to find out their views on how they think your setting communicates already and asking them what is missing,how could your setting improve communication.

Hope i have helped you a little! Good luck,Unsworth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)