Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Glastonbury 2009

Ok what do you think........................................I haven't been to Glastonbury since I had children (18 years) and every year I sit and watch and wish I was there, my daughter went last year and this year I have a ticket, but, I am scared about going, I will go with a few friends (I don't know them that well, but they are lovely ladies who always go) they are mums from school, but I have only left the children once to go to London overnight (December 2008) and to be honest I am one of those mums who finds it very difficult to leave the children.

So I have until May when If I run out of courage I can get a refund on my ticket...what do you lot think? You are my real friends, my husband is fine about me going as he has always had weekend holidays for years with his friends and is having one to France this year, he does motorbike holidays which I cannot do as I worry too much about the safety issue of both of us being away from the children.

Should I go ? I need to know what groups are headlining which will help to swing my decision - I love to hear groups live and so I know I will love it...The Pigeon Detectives are rumourred to be going - I love them!

Anyone else going?

Anyone else going?

Ooh there's a question! A friend and I were talking about going to Reading Festival last year but somehow it never happened. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough - but if there's a group of you then I'd say go for it! If you don't know these ladies very well now you'll certainly know them well by the end of the Festival!

I seem to remember some people posting on here last year about going to Glastonbury though - what about a Forum Yurt? :o

Maz

GO GO GO! I'm hoping to waiting to see if little bruv (he's 40), has got me a ticket; I've been a couple of times and absolutely loved it. I sound like you, I've never left my children with a babysitter, but I have got family I can rely on if me and my husband go out together; which isn't often. look at this site for rumoured line-up.

http://glastonburyfest.org/line-up/

Karrie

all being well with my chemotherapy sessions, I will be there, working for my free ticket as a steward.DEFINATELY go shirel, the kids will be fine without you..............................YOU will have a great time.Neil Young, if true, will be phenomenal, and take That (with Robbie!) are also rumoured.........................GO GO GO! don't you dare to give up that ticket!

Go and have fun :o I always worried in advance when I left my (now grown up) children with their Dad when I was lucky enough to go away with colleagues or friends, but I really do think that it was a good experience for all of us.....Glastonbury here you come .....not my scene...but have a great time, you will treasure the memories xD

Julie

Thankyou for all your replies....I knew I could count on you lot....how can I not go, :( :( be prepared for the worrying texts prior :oxD and hopefully the celebratory posts 'post'Glastonbury'. :(