Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Super Heros

Havennursery

I haven't 'introduced' it to the children, There have been loads of threads on here about superhero play - some quite recently. If you click on the 'search forum posts' button at the top of the screen and type 'superhero' into the first box that comes up, and press return, you should get loads! If you have problems, just come back and i'll make some links for you.

we dont introduce stuff we just go with what the children are interested in and if it is superheroes we go with it. I understand what you mean though, there is a mixed reaction to this on the forum as i did some research last year on the subject. I still have to monitor my staff team to make sure they are allowing the chidlren to indulge in this type of play and allow them to construct guns from construction, we discourage killing and try to be more creative as to what the guns do, but if they are determined to kill we talk about that as well. Penny Holland's book (We don't play with guns here)is a facinating read but as Cait says do a search and you will find loads about it on here.

My top tip is to save the little cardboard bits you get to put around your coffee cup to stop you burning your hands, these make great power bracelets, i wore them everyday when I was in the room!

oh yeah i totally agree and we do the same by going with the childrens interests and this is a very big one at the mo where our pre school children especially the boys love spiderman etc, tho i dont agree with them being allowed to watch it as they are adult films i guess it is the parents choice. the problem is the fighting that is caused from it. we have done it very constructively making specific boxes included stories made by children and activities rather than just giving them action figures to play with.

they love the boxes, but only have them at certain times. we also introduce it into other play putting toys into sand for mak making with there feet rather than fighting etc.

just wanted other ideas really.

will do a search and see what else i find

thanks all

Capes in role play, I looked up power rangers you would probably be surprised by what you find, good 'rules' behind, working together etc. We don't allow manufactured guns and discourage bringing in manufactured figures. There is a good booklet called engaging boys in the early years wich was done by islington. Spiderman pencils in the mark making area. making webs with string. Having different powers, a boy we had was really energetic and when I said I had a special power that meant I could jump really high, he really went with this and tried different ways to enhance his jumping, he was never able to jump and touch the roof like me though! We found ben10 trump cards as wel

traction man is great book, there is another 1 called turbo dog is here, but have not read it.

High ho, high ho, its off to Amazon I go...

We love traction man - turbo dog sounds like just the book for us!

If I could I'd make you hoola hoop medal to hand around your neck, Wendles!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)