Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Display Title

I'm not really sure where to put this post but I've finally settled on this forum!

Today the children (2yr's old) have done some beautiful mark making, on a large roll of paper on the floor, they've used different pens, pencils, crayons and it looks really striking.

I've decided I'm going to put it up on a display board as the backing paper and then stick on some photo's I took whislt they were doing the activity and write some captions about what they learnt as they did this process. (Hope that makes sense)

I can't think of a catchy title though, I was just going to put "our mark making" or similar but it's a bit....blah! The display is going in the corridor, more for the parent's benefit really to show them what their child is learning/getting out of "just a few scribbles on some paper" as they some of them see it. Can anyone think of a title?

Thanks in Advance.

Does it need a title? If you have photo's and captions to explain what was happening it will speak for itself? I've not put a title on our currant bun display which is a similair type of display because of this but I have added the relevant statement for EYSF in a framed box instead.

There was another thread recently started by someone who needed a title for a parent/child session about mark-making and lots of good ideas were suggested....if I was clever enough I'd do a link but I'm not. Search under "Mark-making" and it should come up..or someone who IS clever might do you a link..... :o

Not quite writing but beautiful quotes none the less

"The essence of drawing is the line exploring space." ~ Andy Goldsworthy

Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." ~ Edgar Degas

"A line is a dot that went for a walk." ~ Paul Klee.

"Fill a space in a beautiful way" ~ Georgia O'Keeffe

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~ Camille Pissarro

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)