Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Non Messy Mark Making Ideas Please

Hi although we do all the usual messy mark making activities, we also have a carpeted area that I would like to make use of any suggestions of non or not too messy mark making/phonic activities please?

we use the little magnetic boards and letters/numbers the children love finding the letters of their name and the number that represents their age.

Was going to say the same - Aquadraw mats - don't have them at PLaygroup but my own kids use them all the time at home. I have no idea what they are made of but they are basically fabric top and bottom and sandwiched between them is this sheet of something and when the top sheet of fabric gets wet (you get pens with them which you fill with water - so essentially you are drawing with water) it lets this blue sheet shine through. You can get them argos, tesco anywhere and they now come in all kinds of characters as well as just the basic ones. Zoe

Not quite sure if this is a non messy mark making (guess it depends on the children!), but mine love rolls of wallpaper and thick marker pens - but then I am talking reception children.

Can you explain what an aqua mat is? Is it made of gel?

Sorry! Only just seen your reply! Zoelat explained beautifully though. They really are good. Only drawback is that they only come with 2 pens (You can get smaller mats with one pen £9.99 from argos) so we had to order some more from the Tomy careline.

C

Well that's what I was thinking. They remind me of those 'magic slates' I used to have when I was little!

Me too - but they used to break after about a day didn't they? Or you lost the little plastic stick thingy... :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)