Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Exclusion Periods - Illness

Hi everyone :o

I am just updating our exclusion period poster but have found that i don't agree on some points with the poster we should be using (here)

What do you all use?

The main points that i am confused about are that there is no exclusion period for the following:

Cold Sores

Hand, Foot and Mouth Diesease

Slapped Cheek

Conjunctivitis

Tonsilitis

All of our parents go by this poster and i had quite a heated discussion with a parent today, as i sent her child home with conjunctivitis and said she could not return for 24 hrs from the onset of treatment (this is now in my policy from Sept - i got it from PLA), but it obviously contradicts the poster!

this is really interesting as i have conjunctivitis at the moment (never had it before) - I went to the doctor yesterday and he said that there was no exclusion period. He asked me if we were one of the many nurseries that don't like children attending with conjuntivitis and my reply was "no, we a one of many nurseries that have a spotty book that we are are told that we must abide by and in there it says that children shoule be excluded while they have any symptoms! I have decided not to go to work as if I do pass it on to any children and I don't then feel that I can tell then that they can't come in when I did!!

We have been told not to exclude for conjuctivitis but that it needs treatment. Children can return to school once medication has been administered which usually means that parents collect-nip down to Tescos then return child.

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)