Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Emergency Evacuation Procedure

Do the children keep their indoor shoes at the setting? I ask because we struggle to get the parents to remember a change of clothes!! :o

No, Shiny: ours bring them in their backpacks.. well most do anyway!

That is my fear!! You would be suprised just how many of our parents don't even bring a change of clothes! :o The other day I went to get a child's bag, and parent has had numerous letters home to remind them to bring one. The child had a wet top from the water trolley, when I got to the bag there was 15 nappies, 1 sock and a pair of brothers trousers (4 years older!) not very helpful!! xD

Maz can I ask what happens if they don't have indoor shoes?

Our children keep slippers/plimsolls in a little shoe bag with their name on which stays in the setting. (We made the bags)

Even the tiny new ones love 'their bag' and the older/more able ones can take slippers from the bag put them on and put shoes in the bag which then hangs with their coat

Maz can I ask what happens if they don't have indoor shoes?

We do have some spare indoor shoes, but I can think of one child whose parents never bring a bag with a change of clothes, or indoor shoes. Something I'm tackling bit by bit...

We're a small group, with no space to store shoes for the whole group, even so. So we can usually offer the child a pair of shoes to wear if they don't have any - and obviously when its wet its more of a necessity! As a delinquent parent myself I try to be understanding when parents don't take the hint and provide spare clothes and shoes for their child to change into. One of these days we'll have to call a parent to come and bring spare clothes, but it hasn't happened yet!

Maz

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)