Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is It Snowing Where You Are?

sunnyday

Yup - SE London snowed over and thick on the ground. Can't stand it on work days - it just makes life so difficult. Will be hell going to work tomorrow am.

Booo

cx xD

Well MrsWeasley and I will be there tomorrow by hook or by crook... so that's half our staffing for the day! Early alarm setting for the morning I think... :o

Maz

Hi,

Snowing quite heavily in west Sussex now. Car and road covered in enough snow to leave car tracks on road. Snow getting heavier and heavier!!! It looks fantastic from inside but very cold outside. Take care wherever you are and hope you are able to enjoy the snow tomorrow rather than it cause problems for you.

Nicky Sussex xD:o

I wouldn't mind so much but deb only lives about a 5 - 10 minute car journey from me and ours is melting fast!! xD

you can come and play in our snow if you want too!!!!!! :o we shut if our village school shuts for same reasons as others, we are looking into the whole, should staff come in even if the children don't if they are local and do they get paid regardless, it's not their fault that the weather shuts the setting down, at the moment as this area is a little bit grey, we have dealt with so many things since i took over and my new chair and new admin came on board but this was one that we hadn't given alot of thought to untill now!! i'd be interested to find out what others do.

you can come and play in our snow if you want too!!!!!! :o we shut if our village school shuts for same reasons as others, we are looking into the whole, should staff come in even if the children don't if they are local and do they get paid regardless, it's not their fault that the weather shuts the setting down, at the moment as this area is a little bit grey, we have dealt with so many things since i took over and my new chair and new admin came on board but this was one that we hadn't given alot of thought to untill now!! i'd be interested to find out what others do.

Ooooo, if it wasn't so late I would be round!! xD

We do get paid for the 'snowday'. For the simple reason we do so much outside of work hours it is usually swallowed up in that. :(

No snow here in Norn Iron!!! Bitterly cold all day with a biting wind!!! (Michael Fish eat your heart out!!)

Has looked like it was gonna snow all day, was sitting in work beside the window, and there were a few times it looked very likely, but it just didnt happen.

Had to listen to the customers complaining about the cold instead, but then again it is perfectly natural to complain when you come to put petrol in your car dressed in 3/4 length trousers and a t-shirt!!! :o

I did state the obvious and said that she should have worn a coat, but she said it was warm in her car!! There was a perfectly good reply to that but I was very professional (hard as it was) and bit my tongue.

Have just checked weather forecast and on bbc red button, show should start Monday with heavy snowfall on Tuesday, but on website it says we are getting rain!!!

Hope you all enjoy your snow!! We never get any where I live, its just not fair!! :o

Woohoo! Just got the kids out of bed for a post 10pm snowball fight. :o

I just hope it snows a bit more overnight so they get the day off school. Snow happens too rarely for children these days...

We had our two eldest up and out, I'm on a course tomorrow but hubby doesn't go in till 10 tomorrow night and he's desperate to keep them all at home. So that would be four kids I'll have tomorrow! xD

Karrie

Well here in Hampshire we have all come to a grinding halt as we have 6cm of snow- roads are awful.

Set off for school to get a phone call to turn around and go home... took me half an hour round trip for what would normally be about a five minute journey and not even a third of the way to school.

Now feel a bit guilty about being at home... was supposed to be an inset today.

No buses in London, NONE at all!!! ALso no tubes from where I live to where I work and there is no way I am risking driving amongst people who don't normally drive in such condition and then have to pay £40 to park for the day. Looks like another day at home after a weeks holiday!!! Have a core staff team who can walk to work, they are basically going in to call parents and tell them we are closed unless an absolute emergency. Oh yeah, and it's still snowing!!

Yay....an extra day off!! I had a very grumpy teenager this morning though, because her school was still open.

There isn't that much snow on the ground but the sky looks like its preparing to dump some more! :)

Our children are at school yippeeee, bought the youngest new wellies on Saturday, so they've gone to school prepared, xD hope they let them out to play. :o

Peggy