Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict In The Foundation Stage: Cd Resource

Steve

Hi -

It was mentioned a little while ago, but I think it might be worth reminding members that there's a CD package for Foundation Stage professionals available at no charge. Ordering is very straightforward via the Prolog hotline. Details below:

-------------------------

A CD Rom is now available to support practitioners in their understanding of using ICT (Information and Communication Technology) in the Foundation Stage. This has been developed as part of the Primary National Strategy’s aim to enhance learning and teaching using ICT.

The CD Rom consists of a set of video clips and supporting documentation, an outline of how ICT can be used as a tool to support children’s learning across the Foundation Stage and a series of helpful ‘How to ..’ sheets.

The CD Rom is available from Prolog (0845 6022260) Ref: DFES 0384-2004 GCDI.

I too have the C.D rom and think it is very good with some great examples. I have taken on the role of I.C.T co-ordinator in our school and was a little reluctant when we were presented with yet another example C.D. I handed them out to the other teaching staff and have had some very positive feedback.

One thing i must comment on though, is some of the lessons shown are in an ideal world, when no children wet themselves, call out, pick their nose and all those other things 4 years old usually do.

They won't send it to me at a private address! :o

Admittedly I tried to email the order and I have been reffered to the telephone ordering.

IF I phone will I be able to order it? As a supply teacher, I dont have a work address and it sounds very interesting!

Hi Susan -

When I spoke to them they said they didn't need any formal address. If you give them a call they may send it to you - not sure. Give it a try - they can only say no. I think they're keen to spread the word. :)

Hi Susan

Give you home address as your work address ie The Principal, Little Acorns Academy, followed by street name. etc. it works ever time.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)