Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mutli-cult Story Ideas

hi all

in need of some inspiration and quick!! Our Nursery have to do a small display board for our main entrance based upon a story from around the world- it needs to be simple and something that we can produce some art work and maybe a bit of emergent writing- my mind is a complete blank- which wouldn't be the first time this week!

Any ideas anyone?

thankyou in anticipation

(oh, Year 2 have already nabbed Handa's Surpirse)

I love Barefoot Books for multicultural stories eg. Mama Panya's Pancakes or We all went on Safari

or what about some poetry - there's some by Benjamin Zephaniah that are funny and appeal to younger children. I've also got a lovely book called Carribean Counting Rhymes by Faustin Charles (have to be read with a carribean accent)

If you've got time to tie it in with Chinese new year what about 'The magic Paintbrush' - sorry can't remember who it's by but it's been mentioned on another post

I love Barefoot Books for multicultural stories eg. Mama Panya's Pancakes or We all went on Safari

or what about some poetry - there's some by Benjamin Zephaniah that are funny and appeal to younger children. I've also got a lovely book called Carribean Counting Rhymes by Faustin Charles (have to be read with a carribean accent)

If you've got time to tie it in with Chinese new year what about 'The magic Paintbrush' - sorry can't remember who it's by but it's been mentioned on another post

Tiddalic the frog who drinks all the water in the world is lovely and frogs would fit with a 'spring feel' .There are various versions Tiddalic

I think its an aboriginal story

or The magic paintbrush by Julia Donaldson (gruffalo) fits with Chinese new year and children producing paintings. Last seen in Tesco's!!

Magic Paintbrush

thanks all- i am off to waterstones to see if I can find any of these. I've used the magic paintbrush before and love it. I also love the pancake one and tiddalik and I completely forgot about cleversticks, i'm sure there is a copy back at nursery- hmmm i feel a display coming on! thanks once again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)