Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Please

beth1

hI Alchoss - left me in a difficult position, I had to join my 2 baby rooms together, which is really starting to annoy the staff and parents are starting to grumble, but I cant justify getting agency staff in (at an extortionate price) when I might have a "spare" member of staff in another room I could use................my ops manager would have my guts for garters!!! Flouts everything to do with the EYFS, KPA etc but sometimes needs must and it is acknowledged that KPA doesn't work 100% of the time, as Manager's we should have a second job as a circus performer - namely a juggler - as we seem to spend alot of our time doing just that! I always try very hard not to use agency staff, not just because of the expense but because its not fair on the children as they dont know the person, unless they are regulars, not fair on the regular staff in the room, and although its their choice its not fair on the agency staff as quite often they get to do the mundane jobs of tidying up, wahsing the dishes etc. HERE WE GO TIME TO JUGGLE AGAIN!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Update again.

Err to but it bluntly I have really in essance had my hand forced to hand in my notice. They were going to dismiss me for constanly being off ill (not even going to say much more there), so got the choice to stay and get Occupational Health or leave so I have chosen the latter.

I hope I can get a new job soon but in the meantime I will have to manage on supply!

Beth

Oh dear Beth, here we go again eh!

Yes Cait, unforutantly I had another job offer that day but I had already took this one. I wished I had not bothered now grrr.

I am going to 'survive' on supply until I find a suitable job in early years no rushing in this time.

Beth

You MUST be desperate! :o Hang on in there - hope something turns up for you soon...what sort of thing are looking for? A complete change?

No I will not stay there, I am not falling for that trick again remember what happened in October? I don't think they wanted me since day one.

Beth

No I will not stay there, I am not falling for that trick again remember what happened in October? I don't think they wanted me since day one.

Beth

Sorry Beth, my reply was to hali who is also thinking about moving on..we hijacked your post for a moment - sorry! It sounds to me as though you;ve made the right choice already - fingers crossed that something permanent turns up soon but as you say, no hurry if there's supply work available. It means that you can afford to wait for the right job for you - good luck! :o

Sorry Beth, my reply was to hali who is also thinking about moving on..we hijacked your post for a moment - sorry! It sounds to me as though you;ve made the right choice already - fingers crossed that something permanent turns up soon but as you say, no hurry if there's supply work available. It means that you can afford to wait for the right job for you - good luck! xD

Thats ok. :o

Aww Hali I hope you find something soon.

Beth

Sorry to hear the 'beaming smile' approach didn't work Beth1. xD

Hali, have you tried the 'beaming smile' approach? (maybe best not answer that one eh) :o

The fact that you 'feel better' Beth, shows you made the right decision for you, best of luck for future interviews.

Peggy

The job is there for you - you just have to find it.

Something with security, flexibility and which will value and appreciate you. Something which will give you the confidence, development and support for your studies. Something which will not over stretch you and leave you energy for your foundation degree. It is out there somewhere.

Good luck Beth