Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Technical Wizard Required!

Shiny

I am hoping someone will be able to help me!! :o

My daughter got a lovely shiny new laptop for Christmas, it has VISTA. She has finished her history mini project, saved it and saved it to her school file but it won't recognise word 2007 only the older version. :(

Some very clever person saved a new version document into an old format for me on a link the other day. I was wondering if one of you clever people could either talk me through it or help in any way. It needs to be in on Friday and I don't want her to have to re-type it all onto my computer.

Any help greatly received!! xD

If you click on "Save As" and then where it says .docx you can just delete the "x" and it will open on previous versions of microsoft word!

She can also set her Word up to automatically save it in the .doc format if she wants!

Hope that helps?

Mrs Weasley

When you click 'save as' just choose like shown and it will save in the older format. Simples

That's what I usually do - but will try MrsWeasley's way because it seems much more simple. Much like me... :o