Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mind Has Gone Blank !

GOODEVENING -today my 6 year old daughter has brought a letter home from school asking them to dress up for book character day as characters in the themes 'Heros and Villans ' or 'Goodies and Baddies' .I feel slightly miffed as I had had a marvellous ( rare!) brainwave of sending her as Cat in the HAt this year- now my plan has fallen flat as they have specified a theme . The long and short of it is my mind is blank - its got to be attractive to a 6 year old girly girl but I really want to avoid just sending her in her Disney dressing up gear (again) - do any of you marvellously creartive people have any bright ideas ? Thanks in advance Lizzy

Big bad wolf is good?

Wendy in the Bob books is a bit of a hero to put up with him I always think!

is dora the explorer a goodie? or the one with pink hair in that tv prog? (told you my mind was blank)

goldilocks?

I'm going to go through my book inventory - my mind is blank too! Girl goodie or baddie - can't think of any!!! Wendy in Peter Pan?

I know what you mean Cait! The only thing going round in my head is the rhyme about the little girl with the little curl. Girl goodie or baddy who is particularly girlie? I guess she could go as a Barbie... she could be a goodie or a baddie depending upon your political viewpoint. May be hard to explain to a six year old though!

This one clearly needs thinking about!

Maz

I guess she could go as a Barbie... she could be a goodie or a baddie depending upon your political viewpoint.

Sorry, I was having a senior moment - the key thing was 'book character' wasn't it? I'm sure Barbie-lit doesn't count! :o

OOh thank you for your lovely photograph and all your suggestions . My fickle little darling has informed me that CAt in the HAt is the best idea I have ever(!!!!) had and apart from Creulla De Ville she wants to go as that.As she has long strawberry blonde hair and in the absence of a black and white wig- Cruella seems somewhat a challenge(my hubby has muttered something about black bootpolish!).

I have 1 daughter I am feeling somewhat sorry for mums who have several children to dress up within the confines of such a tight breif! Many many thanks Diz