Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Again

Help! I' really struggling now to get my head around what is required! Was feeling fairly comfortable with mine and how my days were structured plenty of child initiated alongside delivering curriculum as required with planning for literacy, numeracy and phonics and then a weekly plan outlining any extension activtiies on offer to cover all areas. Children have free access to all activities during their CI time. Any way went to group meeting re planning last week and was told way too much planning and shouldn't be planning literacy and numeracy seperately or from framework which i was using alongside eyfs. Now thoroughly confused school asks for seperate plans but being told by eyfs experts no!! So does anyone else plan seperately for lit and num? Any ideas I've looked at planning on here and seems there are lots of different formats but i'm confused.!! Please help !!

I too plan seperately for numeracy and literacy, although it's done on a day to day basis rather than weekly.

And like you I do other planning for activities, though usually only one or two short activities during the day and the rest is free time. I have an early years advisor visiting me on Thursday so it'll be interesting to see what she has to say.

I'll let you know.

jackie.

Hi, I do a weekly plan with all six areas including CLL and PSRN objectives taken from EYFS (phonics is the only subject i do a separate plan for), i have a rotating focus so will concentrate on CLL one day and PSRN the next, opposed to 2 formal lessons each day. But the rest is very similar to you.

Qx

Hello everyone new to the forum, planning is driving me doolally.

Do we plan for continious provision ie home corner, writing area, puzzels etc - I think it is pointless if most things occur daily. What is it we plan for, please help I feel I am going around in circles.

Used to do planning but was told it is way too much.

please help :o

:rolleyes:Hi I am new to this forum , having taken over the Early years co ordinator role after just having spent a term in Reception. The planning is, i agree, totally confusing and having to lead a team through too when you're not too sure which way you should be going because there are so many suggestions out there of the things that need or not need to be included. I am just grateful to have come on here and discovered it is not me and all my fault!

There is a lovely letter in the TES today commenting on an article from Mike Kent in a previous issue wherehe says that when he started to teach in the late '60s there was never any pressure to provide planning but teachers always strived to do the best for their children and the children would learn and make progress but now there is so much pressure it is becoming a millstone!

I think the most important thing is planning has a meaning for you. You know where you want to go next with each child. I really should not be to satisfy SLT! If they want to know what is happening in EYFS then come and visit, look, listen and note!!!!

Be brave colleagues we are all professionals!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)