Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else Start A New Diet?

I can see I'm going to have to try much harder to keep up with you lot! But this week is my daughters birthday so I really had to join her with some cake yesterday and have her party tomorrow with more cakes etc! :o

30lbs that 2 stone....yippee!

I'm getting a bit worried here: you're all wasting away! When we manage to lose the equivalent of someone's body weight does a member have to leave the Forum? :o

I weighed yesterday morning and after a week of a diet I devised I lost..........................3lbs!! I must admit I thought it would be more but I will try to stick to it this week as well, my sis gets married next Saturday and my Vivienne Westwood dress is hung in the bedroom looking at me willing me on!

Have a good weekend fellow dieters.... :o

I was a bit wobbly on the Wii Fit too today, Beau, and I couldn't seem to improve on many scores. However m y Body Test told me that I had lost 1lb since yesterday and gave me a Wii Fit age of 35 (if only!!!!) so it wasn't all bad. :o

I've been trying out the salsa with an old video tape. My legs are killing me! Then I tried to keep up with the warm up on the Strictly Come Dancing CD- no chance as I was left behind after the first couple of moves. I am glad no one was around at the time to see the spectacle.

Still I must have used up quite a few calories in the process!

I haven't dared weigh myself yet!

When I was losing weight after my coeliac diagnosis I used to weigh myself constantly - just for the sheer amusement of it. I had some weightwatcher scales belonging to my sister and they were very accurate. They could tell the difference before and after the loo for instance! :o

She's got them back now, and I think I'm pleased - although it was fun for a month or two - just so long as the weight went downwards!

My scales were wavering yesterday between half and one pound lost so didn't really want to claim any, however this morning it is definitely on 1 pound lost. I am quite pleased with that - daughters birthday and party so I ended up having beer, wine, pizza, chips, veggie sausages and chocolate cake over the week! I spent all weekend working out vigorously on the Wii Fit and did 22kms on my exercise bike yesterday so I think it has paid off. :o

Well done. Weekends are my downfall as we always have some wine and then somehow that diminishes my resolve, and I end up nibbling cheese and just having one yorkshire pudding more than I should xD

Aaah! Cheese and Yorkshire Puds - just excuse me whilst I go off and salivate for a while! :o

Well went for my Monday night weigh last night and I had a feeling I hadn't lost weight although I didn't mind because I felt I had lost inches....my favourite jeans at the moment aren't so snug so I was quite happy and so when I got on the scales and they announced I had lost 2lbs I was delighted :o

I also thought I might not have lost because I had a weekend picking, there is a certain time of the month when only chocolate will do if you know what I mean. I also had to eat extra chocolate to get over my Saturday trauma....I'm only going to tell you if you promise not to laugh like Steve did when I told him........ok are you ready, don't laugh......I popped into our local convenience store Saturday lunch time to pick up an onion and of course got distracted looking at all the food I'm not allowed to eat at the moment and when I went to pay there was no one at the the counter....I stood there for a little while.....then I called hello.....then I thought I'd see if the owner was putting something outside and when I tried the door I was locked in, they had gone for their lunch break and locked me in :( Not wanting to sit there for an hour I had to phone the police to see if they could contact the key holder to come and let me out!!! When the lady came back she wasn't very apologetic really and I when I got home I was cross because she was lucky it was me and not someone who might have stolen stuff or damaged her property....to make matters worse my family keeps taking the mickey asking me if I like my new Saturday job :( :( :wacko: Do you wonder why these things don't happen to other people and not you sometimes.

Anyway I am 2lbs lighter despite my challenging weekend so well done me!

Well done to you other losers and I mean that in the nicest possible way xD

Sue

Oh Sue you poor thing, how awful. I hope that they let you have the onion for free! What a silly she was not to check the shop first, imagine if there had been a fire, or you had raided the wine area...hmm xD I wonder if it comes under kidnapping law? :o

( OH has just popped in to see why I am laughing hysterically)

Well done everyone on their weight loss!!

Commiserations to those of you who got locked in a shop over lunchtime at the weekend :wacko: , but congratulations on having the willpower to resist the rows of sweets and chocolates that must have been shouting "EAT ME, EAT ME!!" while you were stuck in there! xD

I didnt get to weightwatchers last week, as I had to go the doctors. Because I knew I wasn't going, I was a bit naughty and ate some bad things so I decided that I was gonna be good at the weekend! I was good at the weekend, at eating all the wrong things!! :(

I had munchi-itis on friday night and ate all round me. I work in tesco garage so I know whats its like to have sweets and chocolate shouting "EAT ME, EAT ME NOW SIOBHAIN!!"

Saturday I had my bran flakes, went to my inlaws and they were making an ulster fry and I couldnt say no as they had cooked stuff for me and didnt like to offend them. Then on the way home, hubby decided we were getting a Domino's pizza!! Obviously, I didnt wanna start an arguement, so I kept my mouth shut until it was time to eat it!!

He then went to the shop and brought me home a wispa. I didnt wanna hurt his feelings as he had been so thoughtful, so I ate it!!

Then later on I decided to have a packet of Snack-a-jacks, just to be kinda healthy!

Then on Sunday in work (at tesco with the talking sweets and chocolates) my colleague made me a coffee and brought out a big slab of her daughter's tesco chocolate birthday cake. Again, I didnt want to offend her by refusing it, so I ate it!! :(

And now for the totally unbelievable part:-

I went to weightwatchers this morning and my weight has stayed the same!!!!! :(xD

I am still in shock!!

I deserve to be at least half a stone heavier!!!

NB Please be aware that although this example has worked for this particular dieter, we cannot guarantee that it will work for all of you. You undertake this kind of eating plan at your own risk. The author of this post does not accept any responsiblity for any weight gained following this diet, including her own!!!! :o

The author of this post does not accept any responsiblity for any weight gained following this diet, including her own!!!! :o

Be careful mummyspud: this is the very diet that made me the woman I am today! xD

Maz