Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Uniforms

Cait

Currently we wear polo shirts at Preschool, with our logo on. But polo shirts seem to have lost their appeal with the staff, and i'm hearing comments such as 'everyone wears them, even girls on checkouts' and 'they aren't smart' and things like that.

Obviously we wear them because they have flexibility (we can bend and stretch and move about easily) and are easily laundered.

So what does everyone else wear? I'm wondering whether to go along the lines of polycotton in a type of nursing tunic with some back vents. does anyone else wear these, and how are you finding them?

We've just moved from fitted shirts to polo shirts, some preferred the shirts as they were smart and different, some preferred the polo shirts for comfort.

In the past I've used Bananamoon, Queen Eleanor, Alexanders (I think) and Mandate; Bananamoon for polo's etc were definitely the best

we all wear a matching tabard apron with our names on but we are thinking of uniforms. we thought polo shirts might be too casual look and not all the staff wanted to wear them. another local setting went to primark and got a job lot of matching blouses which looked quite effective and fairly unique to the setting as said everyone sees to wear polo shirts (but they are comfy!)

just wondering who pays for uniforms? staff or setting? we are on a tight budget as it is,

We all wear uniforms and get ours from Samuel's of Norfolk - who also provide the kids t shirts etc - very reasonable.

We've all survived on 2 polos and a hooded sweat jacket each for 2 years so looking very tatty. We bought some 3/4 length sleeved blouses from Tescos but not as "flexible" or practical as can gape a bit so tend to wear if going to a meeting!

Now just bought "lady fit" style polos which are much more flattering. Our committee not keen to pay for them but I think I might persuade them!

Jane @ Breedon

well our ladyfit ones are very reasonable from Tots to Teams who also supply all the children's tops, I just want somethong a bit smarter and i've been investigating nurse/beautician type tunics which look quite smart, but they must have the back vents/pleats in for movement. They also have the added value of pockets for notebooks for on the spot note-taking

well our ladyfit ones are very reasonable from Tots to Teams who also supply all the children's tops, I just want somethong a bit smarter and i've been investigating nurse/beautician type tunics which look quite smart, but they must have the back vents/pleats in for movement. They also have the added value of pockets for notebooks for on the spot note-taking

they should good Cait - except for the need to iron. Let me know what You find!

Bloomin thermals at the moment! minus 8 here yesterday, so - we didn't go out! Bad enough indoors in the small room so we all stayed in the front room - one of our toilet's cistern froze solid too!

We have too!! Our sand pit cover is so thick with ice we can't get it off!! We were watching the sheets of snow slipping off the new canopy!! I think it would of flattened a child had they been out there!! :o

We are still offering the option to go out but we are only out for about 20 minutes and most children are choosing to stay in.

same here shiny! im swapping staff members over every 10 mins also - if theres any children out! xD

Well we must be a bit warmer out in the sticks hali: the children went in a bit earlier yesterday but were out for the duration today! :o