Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Confused

Before Christmas i attended a planning and observation course. I came away feeling very confused about how to evidence the principles into my planning. I feel that everything needs changing to come in line. I just wondered how everyone plans now have you had to re change or not. Feeling disheartened about going back in Jan. :o

Before Christmas i attended a planning and observation course. I came away feeling very confused about how to evidence the principles into my planning. I feel that everything needs changing to come in line. I just wondered how everyone plans now have you had to re change or not. Feeling disheartened about going back in Jan. :o

Try not to feel too disheartened and don't feel under pressure to have everything just as you want it when you return in January. Change can be gradual. I 've added 4 boxes to my planning sheets with the EYFS themes as headings, I then write in the boxes whether I think my activity will meet any of the commitments within the themes, just putting the ehadings in eg. A Unique Child 1.4 Health and Wellbeing. On the back of the sheet is my evaluation of the activity and I then tick if the activity did actually fulfill that commitment.

I prefer using this system than what I had before - which was writing long lists of Learning Intentions, often a complete waste of time I think, - as even if the children don't learn what you expected them to learn from an activity you can show how that experience you provided shows you are meeting the commitments of the EYFS

The secret is not to panic i'm sure that what you do already in your setting is fine or can be altered to meet what you want to do with little effort. I think from experiance that everyone panic's with all the information given.

I've been doing this since march 08 and I to did the same as you! Than I moved came to the setting I am now and panicked again. Nothing was in place and no one had any Idea what to do. So I started again. Just to let you know that My old setting was inspected just after I left and all the paperwork I put in place had excellent feedback.

I have needless to say tweeked the paperwork I used and made it simpler for the setting i'm in now. If your in the oxfordshire area come and have a look.

Kat-x-

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)