Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Elg Format Sheet

Hi

I'm so glad that I can finally access this site :o

Just wondering if anyone has a sheet or a format where ELG or objectives that they feel are covered continuously in their classroom. I find that i am continuously pointing out or typing out the same ones each week such as ' hear & say initial final sounds' etc. Does anyone have a method that they use to stop this.

Obviously if they are the main point of the activity then that is fair enough but I find that there are some that you cover all the time. Do I really need to keep pointing them out.

Thanks

I'm so glad that I can finally access this site xD

Why? Have you been having trouble? :o

Welcome to the Forum, fraggle80! Continuous provision planning has been discussed a lot on here lately - try doing a forum search by clicking on the 'search forum posts' sausage-shaped button to the top right of your screen to see if someone has already uploaded something which might help. Failing that, you could try looking in 'Resources' (last box on the left!).

Maz

Thanks, i will have a proper browse.

I am just trying out different methods to work out which is the best and which saves a lot of time.

I haven't had any trouble accessing the site, just finally got round to getting the password at last.

I haven't had any trouble accessing the site, just finally got round to getting the password at last.

Ah! I see! Well its a good time to join if you've got plenty of time off work for a good old mooch around. Which LA do you belong to?

Maz

I find that i am continuously pointing out or typing out the same ones each week such as ' hear & say initial final sounds' etc. Does anyone have a method that they use to stop this.

Could you perhaps have a simple wall display with these common threads like a star graph showing how they all come into your planning across the week/theme/term?

For example, something like 'use hand eye coordination' is obviously going to be used just about everywhere, sand, water, writing, eating - whatever, you could say it basically like that or could could break it down further and show pictures of children pouring or writing or cutting. Then in your actual planning you could abbreviate it as much as you like.

I spent ages teaching my laptop to know the codes i typed in, so when i put something like PSE03 it automatically replaced that with whatever that was (previous laptop, and pre EYFS) I had a printed sheet with all the codes on which i looked at when i was doing my planning. End result was impressive - looked like I'd been typing for ever! But actually only took moments.

Have yet to 'teach' the new laptop!

I spent ages teaching my laptop to know the codes i typed in, so when i put something like PSE03 it automatically replaced that with whatever that was (previous laptop, and pre EYFS) I had a printed sheet with all the codes on which i looked at when i was doing my planning. End result was impressive - looked like I'd been typing for ever! But actually only took moments.

Have yet to 'teach' the new laptop!

Can you teach us too, please?

Hi Fraggle and welcome.

I had a section on my MT planning which I called continuous planning and alongside the relevant goal showed some examples/ activities of how I might meet this. My ST planning then showed the extras and specifics to the group or topic.

Can you teach us too, please?

In Word 2007 which I have at the moment, you click on the Office logo in the corner of the screen when you are in Word, and go to 'Word Options'. Choose "Proofing", "Auto Correct Options" then you type your code (Which you've already devised) into the 'Replace' box and the full sentence (which you obviously do as a 'copy and paste' [Highlight text, CTRL+C and paste CTRL+V]) into the 'with' box. If you have the list of 'stepping stones' and end goals open as your word document, it's obviously simpler.

In the older version of word you go to one of the top tabs, Insert, I think it was, Auto Correct is what you are looking for and you get the same box to fill in the same way.

Then magically, every time your type PSED04 or whatever, you get magical prewritten text, so it's important that you use a code that isn't going to trip you up somewhere else if you use the combination of letters for something else, and that you put the letters and numbers together without a space, or you'll confuse the poor thing!

Have fun - it takes a while to set up, but saves sooooooooooooo much time later!

I've attached my old grid so you can see how I did it, but please note - THIS IS PRE EYFS so some elements changed from ELGs if you recall, plus there's the new ones for the younger children.

ELG_for_input.doc

Thanks for the advice :o

I have printed a few examples of what other people have done so I can look through and adapt or create my own.

Susan I like the idea of having a section in the MTP showing continuous learning. I wonder if we have crossed paths in the city

Thanks for this Cait, I've just been playing around with this and I can see already that this is going to save me heaps of time once I've set it all up.

Karrie

Well if you are serious about it - here's the list of codes I did the other night after uploading the old one! Colours are the ages/stages so I can track who is where and plan for different ages. Also makes final document colourful!

list_of_EYFS.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)