Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Why.......

Scarlettangel

How come any other Monday morning my body is screaming for me not to get up and out of bed,

and this Monday....... the beginning of the holiday, I am up and awake and alert and fidgety and so am out of bed just past 6am???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My body clock needs about 2 weeks to wind down and get into its own natural rythmn.

I am just annnoyed that later in the day I will be thinking how tired I am!

Oh well!!

Merry Chrstmas one and all!!!!

Me too

And I got up at 6.30, usually have to drag the girls out of bed for school and they're down here already watching Ella Enchanted!!

Have a lovely christmas and enjoy being up without having to think about what resources you need to get ready :o

I had just been thinking the same thing - last Monday (and the rest of the week for that matter) had to drag myself out of bed all the time thinking "never mind next week will be able to have a lie in!" However Saturday morning dawned and I was up bright and early at 6 without the aid of an alarm clock! Not fair is it!!

Do you think its to do with how active our brains are when we go to bed? Normally I'm mentally planning/decoding/reviewing the following day so its usually a hour before I drift off and then sleep restlessly.

Last night I was relaxed with no Sunday evening planning /preparation/ getting family sorted for the week so fell asleep quickly and slept well. I was up at usual 6am and feel refreshed :o would never happen normally.

and this Monday....... the beginning of the holiday, I am up and awake and alert and fidgety and so am out of bed just past 6am???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope: sorry - don't know what you're talking about.

My problem is getting to bed at a reasonable time: for me there is only one 6.30 a day and that's the bit just before the Archers... :o

So I'm up early, showered, woke one son up trying hard not to wake the other 3 children, just ready to leave the house to go to sons x-ray appointment at the hospital only to check the letter and find IT'S NEXT WEEK!! :o DOH!

Peggy

at least I didn't leave the house xD

Yep!

Had a rotten night last night as I'm not on my seratonin tablets! Can only take them for 3 months then have a month off! But they work though - fill my head with happy thoughts so I can get to sleep rather than lie there for hours thinking "mustn't forget this/that" " what can I put on SEF?" "row, row, row your boat...." "The hills are alive..." counting backwards from 100 in French, saying alphabet in Spanish......... It never stops!!! So, lets hear it for Happy Days pills!!!

I'm on my third Christmas of taking antibiotics :( I either have toothache or earache, this year it's an ear infection, quite nasty, the whole ear is swollen, it all numb and with yukky discharge. (boo hoo)

I was pleased though when picking up my prescription the chemist lady just said " Alcohol is ok in moderation" :( I wonder how she measures moderation? :oxD

(well it may stop the antibiotics working but will certainly numb the pain, and hopefully enable a good nights sleep)

Peggy

I'm on my third Christmas of taking antibiotics :( I either have toothache or earache, this year it's an ear infection, quite nasty, the whole ear is swollen, it all numb and with yukky discharge. (boo hoo)

I was pleased though when picking up my prescription the chemist lady just said " Alcohol is ok in moderation" :( I wonder how she measures moderation? :oxD

(well it may stop the antibiotics working but will certainly numb the pain, and hopefully enable a good nights sleep)

Peggy

Oh dear Peggy, alcohol err could be a glass of wine at dinner?

Beth

You are fine with most antibiotics. They usually put warnings on the ones which you really shouldnt drink with. I got a really bad infection in my tummy once and was on 2 lots of antibiotics, not only did the doctor say don't drink, but the chemist said also not to drink and on the packet you werent even allowed to drink for 48 hours after finishing the tablets. I still wonder what would have happened if I had had one. That is the child in me....wanting to do what I have been told not to do xD:o

Good morning all!!

I am having the reverse problem this evening!! Its christmas morning 3am and I can't sleep!!!

Usually I am coming in from work, chilling out for an hour and then heading to bed, falling asleep as soon as head hits the pillow, but not tonight!

Tonight I got out of work, went to mass, got son to bed, sorted out santas presents and finally went to bed with hubby at 11.15 xD He's now snoring his head off and I and havent been able to sleep ever since. Got up and rang my sister in New Zealand at 1.45am. Still wide awake :o

My son is bound to be up in next couple of hours and by that time I will resemble a zombie.

Thankfully am off for a whole week and not back in tesco until new years day :(

Oh yawning now, always a good sign.

Goodnight and have a wonderful christmas everyone!!!

Its christmas morning 3am and I can't sleep!!!

Ooh mummyspud if only I'd known - I was trying to get to sleep myself and we could have had a nice chat! :o

Hope you're not too tired today and that Santa has delivered lots of goodies to your house - enjoy!

Maz