Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Next Steps Help!

Can you help me with the next steps issue. We have got our learning journeys well under way now and I am just about to start recording the nest steps. How does everyone else do this and how much detail do you fo into? Would really appreciate any information. Thank you.

We make ours central to discussions at parents evenings, involving parents in decisions and strategies so we are all 'singing from the same hymn (carol?) sheet'. These are done on a six-monthly basis and form the basis for subsequent evenings.

In the learning journey we record our observations and evidence, but we have to record ideas for the next steps that we want the childrens development to go in. Am thinking of putting something under all six areas of learning and then discussing with parents at our parents evening. Just wondering how in depth it has to be?

I have found that Ofsted often pick up on the next step issue and highlight it as an area to develop. Mine are simple, clear targets, not anything to in depth.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)