Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Pre-school Reports

I need to do an end of Pre-School report for 2 children going up to school in January. Haven't done one before and can't find any olds one to use as guide.

The report is for the parents and also the school so unsure how to write it!

I was going for a positive, happy, we wil miss you type thing for the parents but now the school wants a copy I dont think this will do...

Does anyone else do one? any chance of seeing a copy?? what do you include and how formally is this written?

Many thanks (still getting my head round all this! eek!)

I've attached an example I completed for a child in July 07. It is therefore in the format for FSC and not EYFS.

Basically, under each area of development, make a comment about each aspect within that area. The comments I use are positive, I like to use 'real life' examples of how he has achieved particular aspects. I describe his character, strengths and areas to develop. The final section is about 'missing him' and good wishes for the future.

Thee is also a space for parent comment. I made a copy for parent and send the other to school.

Not sure if this can be easily adapted for EYFS headings, but hope the content is helpful, as I said sentence on each aspect within each developmental area ensures a holistic coverage of development.

Peggy

Record_of_transfer_example.doc

Peggy I thought you might be interested to see the new style 'record of transfer' which kent are suggesting we use under the EYFS. It is basically just a block graph and the numbers at the side relate to the age bands. This is all the school will get! Thet suggest parents have a 'Unique Child' booklet which is completed 3 or 4 times a year with the Key person. I will try and attach a copy.

Sandie

new_rot.docx

new_record.doc

I need to do an end of Pre-School report for 2 children going up to school in January. Haven't done one before and can't find any olds one to use as guide.

The report is for the parents and also the school so unsure how to write it!

I was going for a positive, happy, we wil miss you type thing for the parents but now the school wants a copy I dont think this will do...

Does anyone else do one? any chance of seeing a copy?? what do you include and how formally is this written?

Many thanks (still getting my head round all this! eek!)

Hi there I can send you the format we use and i could send you a finished report, just let me know.

Yes please xx

hope this helps.

Hi Langwithbassettpreschool, I am sorry, I have deleted your attachment with the example report. We appreciatte you sharing this knowledge but if you could re-attach the report with childs name deleted, it would be appreciatted. The fact that the full name was visible alongside the name of the setting, this does compromise the childs rights to confidentiality.

Please forgive me if the childs name is fictitious.

Peggy

homework_master.doc

Peggy I thought you might be interested to see the new style 'record of transfer' which kent are suggesting we use under the EYFS. It is basically just a block graph and the numbers at the side relate to the age bands. This is all the school will get! Thet suggest parents have a 'Unique Child' booklet which is completed 3 or 4 times a year with the Key person. I will try and attach a copy.

Sandie

Thanks for that Sandie, :o , don't forms look a bit strange when others design them, first reaction is; hmmm what would I put in 'that' blank? I fortunately won't have to since closing my group but I still find it interesting to kepp up with all the changes taking place, so thanks again Sandie. xD

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)