Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tma Results

Morning all,

Just got my results back from my first TMA in E123, i passed but only just,was a bit shocked really,i know it was the first essay id done in many years and the referencing was really hard to understand but i thought the final result wasnt too bad,oh well onwards and upwards better luck next time.

Any tips from anyone thats already been here and done that,thanks for listening,

Gill

What is TMA?

Something to do with assignment marks I am presuming.........

It worries me that soon I will have to hand in a bunch of assignments and wait for marks!

I statrted my FD in Sep and our one tutor constantly tells us to expect around D- D D+ for the first one.

I am not sure how I feel about a D at all.

But it is a pass!!!!!!!!!

TMA, think its tutor marked assessments,doing foundation degree with open university so have to send all assignments off to be marked.

What course are you doing?

TMA is Tutor Marked Assignment.

Well done on passing your first one for E123 Gillie xD

It does take a while to get back into 'essay writing' after several years. When I started with the OU I hadn't written an essay for almost 30years :o

As for tips I think the best one is if in doubt discuss with fellow students and/or ask your tutor for clarification of parts you are unsure of.

The other thing is tutor feedback - your feedback should indicate why your pass was 'only just' and show how you can progress in future assignments.

It's a long time since I did E123 and I know there are others on this forum who have studied it more recently and am sure they may have advice to offer.

Good luck with you continued studies and hope you are enjoying it :(

(My OU 'history' of completed courses: E123,E124, E243,E230, E115, E215 all done and passed. KE312 completed and awaiting results, due any day now Arghhhhhh!!!!)

Hi Gillie5.

Ah tutor marked assessment eh?

So now I know!!!!

I am doing the sector endorsed early years foundation degree, and as I said earlier, I started it in Sep.

All of our work has to be in by 19th Jan.

There are 2 essays (1500 & 2500 words)

I report (1000 words)

I group evaluation (500 words)

Personal evaluation (500 words)

Updated CV (only 2 sides of A4) and

Reflective account of past 3 years of personal and career life (1000 words)!

Also had to do two presentations..... one in a group.

Thankfully I got those done last week!!!!!!!!!!

For someone with a full time job, a family and trying to have a life who hasn't written anything in oh about a million years its been tough getting actually down to doing anything!!

TMA is Tutor Marked Assignment.

Well done on passing your first one for E123 Gillie xD

It does take a while to get back into 'essay writing' after several years. When I started with the OU I hadn't written an essay for almost 30years :o

As for tips I think the best one is if in doubt discuss with fellow students and/or ask your tutor for clarification of parts you are unsure of.

The other thing is tutor feedback - your feedback should indicate why your pass was 'only just' and show how you can progress in future assignments.

It's a long time since I did E123 and I know there are others on this forum who have studied it more recently and am sure they may have advice to offer.

Good luck with you continued studies and hope you are enjoying it :(

(My OU 'history' of completed courses: E123,E124, E243,E230, E115, E215 all done and passed. KE312 completed and awaiting results, due any day now Arghhhhhh!!!!)

Hey Geraldine! same as me!! but I stopped before KE312, and quite glad i did now that CWDC are mucking us all about!

Hope you get a good pass!

I stopped before KE312, and quite glad i did now that CWDC are mucking us all about!

I nearly stopped but had kind of got the study bug by then and the thought of little old me achieving a BA was beyond my wildest dreams and yet it was there within my grasp by doing KE312. I have just received the course materials for EK311 that starts in February and then that really will be the end of my study xD

I know exactly what you mean about CWDC and even this week I thought about not doing my next course (which is the extra 60 points to make the BA an Hons.) but I set out on a sort of personal mission to do it 'for me'. In addition I have had unceasing support from my sons, in particular my youngest son and promised him I would carry on to the end!!!

Of course it all really depends on my KE312 results - if I get 'fail entitled to resit' it means just doing the exam again, if I get 'fail' it's a case of the whole course from scratch :o

It was my first exam since my O levels many moons ago and though my TMA's have been absolutely fine all the way through the exam was a completely different scenario!!!!!! I am at the stage of not worrying about the level of pass, just to pass will be enough!!!

Just got my results back from my first TMA in E123, i passed

Congratulations Gill - I so admire anyone who has the discipline and motivation to study with the OU. Hopefully the fact that you've passed will boost your confidence for the next one!

I am at the stage of not worrying about the level of pass, just to pass will be enough!!!

You've come so far and the end is in sight Geraldine - I'm sure you'll do well.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)