Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Topics

Do you have topics for your half term? Or do you take direction soley from what the children are interested in, if any one can describe how they manage their planning balance I would be very grateful i'm new to foundation and a little confused.

Welcome to the Forum mrspepperpot!

You've found just the right place to find out everything you need to know but were afraid to ask about planning! There have been lots of discussions about planning on here in the past few weeks (in fact sometimes it seems as if its all we talk about!).

Try doing a forum search (click on the button on the top right of your screen and follow the instructions) and have a good look around. That will help you get a flavour of the sorts of things people are doing.

I'm in pre-school so I'm not much help to you - but there will be others along shortly with lots to say!

Maz

hi, i teach reception and i do have broad topics at the moment (not sure if that is ok or not really but i still do!) and we start off the term talking with the children about what they know already/want to learn and go from there. We dont always end up on the same topic at the end of term because we follow the children's ideas but if we are stick its good to have the topic to fall back on!

Hope thats of some help x

Thankyou for all your replies, thats helped in that it seems its 'ok' to have a topic as long as you follow the children's interests,

I have done a search and read some other similar threads, which has helped,

thanks again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)