Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Psed

Me again!!!

Thinking of doing healthy week. Has anyone any ideas about health related topics/activities? Thinking of doing fruit kebabs in a pattern! Would like some ideas for outside, e.g heart rates etc. Also keen to look at emotional well being. Any ideas greatfully accepted. :oxD:(

Thanks

Edited by leydon

Hygiene - washing hands. If you have time to arrange it try your school nurse/health visitor to see if you can borrow an ultra violet box that shows 'germs' - shows you who really is washing their hands. They'll have other resources too, maybe a DVD. Brushing your teeth - show them how to brush their teeth and why it's so important - again dentist/oral hygienist may visit. Lots of physical exercise to get hearts going. We also did road safety as part of healthy week. Making kebabs or fruit salad. Have you tried the SEAL stuff for emotional wellbeing - not sure whether there would be anything suitable?

Have fun,

Harricroft

Hygiene - washing hands. If you have time to arrange it try your school nurse/health visitor to see if you can borrow an ultra violet box that shows 'germs' - shows you who really is washing their hands. They'll have other resources too, maybe a DVD. Brushing your teeth - show them how to brush their teeth and why it's so important - again dentist/oral hygienist may visit. Lots of physical exercise to get hearts going. We also did road safety as part of healthy week. Making kebabs or fruit salad. Have you tried the SEAL stuff for emotional wellbeing - not sure whether there would be anything suitable?

Have fun,

Harricroft

I'll be on to the school nurse tomorrow, Thanks and much appreciated!! What is the SEAL stuff, please excuse my ignorance.

Hi,

To help children to understand about proper handwashing, I ask a few children to put vasaline and glitter (germs) on their hands and then to go around picking up toys, touching things around the classroom and also shake hands with other children (it works really well if the other children don't know). Then the other children have to find all the 'germs' around the classroom - it seems to work!

Also have had a 5-a-day Cafe role-play - only healthy meals allowed!!

On one of my 'co-ordinating PSHE' courses I remember being advised never to call any food bad as some children are only ever offered 'bad' food at home and are not given a choice. I remember the lady saying "the burger from McDonalds might be the only protein the child has had all week".

Green hippo xx

SEAL - Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning (I think!) - look on

There is also SEAD - Social and Emotional Aspects of Develoment for those in the Early Years Foundation Stage. I had an email about this today and have downloaded the practice guidance. However when I looked on my laptop I have a previous copy - but this copy is longer so I'm attaching the newest one. Can't say I have looked into the differences though... :o

Maz

SEAD_Practice_Guidance.pdf

There is also SEAD - Social and Emotional Aspects of Develoment for those in the Early Years Foundation Stage. I had an email about this today and have downloaded the practice guidance. However when I looked on my laptop I have a previous copy - but this copy is longer so I'm attaching the newest one. Can't say I have looked into the differences though... :o

Maz

Absolutely brill, cheers everybody xD:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)