Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Plods

I've seen examples of PLODS that take account of the individual child's interests but I'm looking for examples where they've been drawn up for a group of children - for instance, where there is an interest in Pirate Play. I just wondered if anyone has tried this? Ideally I'd like to keep it as a working document that can be brought out again when the interest 're-emerges'.

No but I went on a visit to an excellent nursery school the other day & they had them. Unfortunately becaue we had so far to travel I didn't have anything like as long as I would have liked to look at their planning. What I saw was a sheet with the central interest in the middle [circle] then 2 further circles outside. It was these I would have liked to have looked at in more detail. It looked very informal in that I don't think it was being directly related to the 6 learning areas, for example.

im also really interested in PLODS and trying to find out more info into using them but i want them manageable and less paper work. can anyone steer me to some mor3e info ie book, internet, examples please.

thanks

c x

• 1 month later...

Might have something for you when I get back to work next week, Cait. We have a draft template but haven't used it yet. Don't think I have it at home. If I find it I'll post it.

So go on - share!

Well I haven't transferred my files onto the new laptop yet - but from memory all I did was remove the circles at the bottom with the arrows... One thing at a time!

Maz

Well I haven't transferred my files onto the new laptop yet - but from memory all I did was remove the circles at the bottom with the arrows... One thing at a time!

Maz

Haha, ok i'll be patient then (lalala)

Haha, ok i'll be patient then (lalala)

Well what I'm saying is the form is basically the same as the one surfer uploaded without the circles at the bottom and the arrows. Just delete them and make the boxes bigger and you'll have my form! :o

If all else fails remind me in a week or two... xD

Just found mine so I'm hoping I can upload it successfully & my co-author forgives me for sharing!! Well we've benefited so much from the forum it's only fair to contribute when we can!

plod.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)