Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Protection Concern Form?

• 2 months later...
Is this any good?

jx

Hi,

Oh dear, I thought the only form that had to be completed was the CAF form. Silly me! Thanks Jenni B I've just downloaded your form and am going to put some copies in our Child Protection file.

Hopefully the link will still work as I was logged into the site as me

That's the book I was talking about on another thread - the link takes you to the publications page Cait. There's a downloadable sample pages bit though - with three pages of the book so you can see what it looks like. Is that the page you can see when you're logged in as you? :o

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Thanks for sharing Jenni

I have attached the one i use for an initial concern

Cathy

With this form do you not have to have the parents signature or can this be kept without being signed?

Deb

You could have a box for the parent's signature but don't forget that there may be instances when you would not involve the parents, i.e. if it would put the child in danger..... What does everyone else think?

Just looked at the PLA sample and tho its a referral form they use the wording:

'Was this discussed with the parent? Is the parent aware that the referral is bieng made?'

That might be a good way to handle it.

That's the book I was talking about on another thread - the link takes you to the publications page Cait. There's a downloadable sample pages bit though - with three pages of the book so you can see what it looks like. Is that the page you can see when you're logged in as you? :o

Maz

It was the whole book on my page, so that people could go further in their investigations if it worked

We simply have a small hardback notebook on which concerns/observations are noted however having read the posts on here I do not feel overly happy with using a notebook (separate to incident book) as a way of recording as it is not confidential- anybody could snoop through previous pages :S and isn't very accurate/ detailed as you can write anything- no questions to be completed etc

I'm now child protection officer but have never done this role before and only experience is through CP courses, perhaps I will raise using a different method of record keeping to leader and see what she says, I will have a look on PLA too, thanks for starting the topic