Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Music For A Star Dance For Xmas Concert!

Hello,

This is my first post here, and i need some help! I have just been told that my class (reception) are going to be the stars in the xmas concert this year and i need to do a dance. I am an NQT so i dont have any experience of xmas concerts either! I am really struggling to find some music to make a dance up to! This is the first time recpetion have had to do a star dance so i dont have any music in school to start from either. I f anybody can think of any good music it would be much appreciated!

Amy x

Either of the previous suggestions would be lovely. I have used the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy several times and it isn't very long, and very pretty. I have also used a bit of War of the Worlds and included a few planets in the dance as well, but can't quite remember which bit sorry.

As a huge Mick Hucknall fan I have to say the first song that came to my head was "Stars" - not sure if it's appropriate, but it is lovely (and everyone will know it!!)

thank you everyone for your suggestions! i love the nutcracker music so i think i might use that :)

thank you again for all your help, i will go and see what the verdict is on this song tomorrow morning! x

thank you everyone for your suggestions! i love the nutcracker music so i think i might use that :)

thank you again for all your help, i will go and see what the verdict is on this song tomorrow morning! x

good luck let us know how you get on!

My advice would be keep it really simple; very often littlies get completely stage struck or spend most of their time waving to their mummies in the audience! You need to have a dance where it doesn't really matter if they all forget it, and do their own thing! Lots of swirling and twirling amd group work rather than individuals getting a major role (I nearly said starring role :o ) xD

Just had a vision (!) of starting with walking in the air or nutcracker and then going into reach for the stars giving an opportunity for freee movement to a range of music. I can just imagine quiet slow gentle stars and then active twirling 'reaching' stars. Anyone else there yet!!!!

We're also being stars in our school play and my colleague and I started singing the stars part of take that's rule the world -about 1min 58 into the song - then it just keeps repeating "all the stars are coming out tonight, they're lighting up the sky tonight" it seemed really apt for us but it depends on your school - we like a modern twist. Year 2 did the YMCA dressed up as animals in the stable! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry only just seen your post. It will probably be too late now but our Reception class are doing a star dance in the nativity. We are using 'Gonna make you a star' by David Essex. The children absolutely love it!

We are using 'Gonna make you a star' by David Essex. The children absolutely love it!

And no doubt some of the staff are re-living their youth? xD

Welcome to the Forum, Karen - thanks for the fact that this song is now going round in my head and I'm remembering the horror that was the school disco! :o

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)