Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Presents

Is it me or have the price of toys shot up since last year xD

Went to toys r us yesterday afternoon to buy the presents for the pre-school christmas party (40 pressies in total) and was shocked to see how much they had gone up. : :o

We did manage to get what we wanted, so that was fine.

I have spent this afternoon wrapping them all up, so now I have a stiff back and tooth ache from biting 120+ pieces of sellotape! as I forgot to bring home the tape dispenser from work :(

Now I have the pleasure of tripping over the things in my dining room for the next few weeks as we don't have room in the setting to store them.

Hope you all manage to get the gifts you want for all of your children in your settings at a price you can afford. :(

we always use scholastic book club to get a special book for each child and have a secret santa where parents draw a child's name out of a hat and get a gift for the Christmas party (with a ceiling limit for spend!)

Oh Brenda you put me to shame! The problem with having a daughter whose birthday is so close to Christmas is that I can't really get motivated until I have her birthday organised. And I'm not organised at the best of times!

I'm glad you've got that bit sorted - I'll have to put my thinking caps on!

Maz

WOW BrendaS, I'm impressed, how organised are you. xD

Me, night before the preschool Christmas party and I'm doing a quick visit to local stores, buying and wrapping for the following morning. :o

Still I haven't got that worry this year. ( :(:( ) Sad and happy about that, can't believe a year has gone by since I closed my preschool. :(

Peggy

For the last 3 years we have used a company called Abbey Distributors and they are great. We tell them how many boys/girls we have in each age group, and the price per head [it starts at £3 each] and they wrap them for us. All we have to do is put a child's name label on the one that says 'boy, 2 years'. To be honest the quality so far has been better than we could have sourced ourselves for the same price - and no wrapping.

I don't know, Maz, do they? :o Anyway that's the way the order form works and yes, it's very hassle free. With all the meetings etc that are happening in the next 3 weeks it's a blessing as far as I'm concerned. And I'm not on commission!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)