Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Door Mat Especially For Christmas

I'm sure no one is the slightest bit interested, but.....

I have just been to the garden centre and bought a door mat that says, ' Santa please call'

I'm going to put it by the front door when my girls are due home from uni for the holidays, ( they are 21 & 19)

Sad I know, but I'm so excited :o

jackie.

You aren't sad at all! I love Christmas and love it when my daughter comes home from uni, she is 19. I still give her and her 15 year old sister santa sacks and we still leave out mince pies and milk. On Christmas day night we have 'snowman presents'. I made a big snowman years ago when they were little and I fill it with small presents for everyone. We have a quiz after tea and if you get the answer right you get a present. They won't let me stop doing it! which I am glad about really shh don't tell anyone :o

As I walked from the car to our little supermarket my eyes fell upon a box saying £5 outside our lovely florists. Inside was a beautiful Christmas swag about 6 ft long, pretend christmas tree stuff with pine cones..... I had to have it. Now I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it, but I had to have it!!! (I knew you'd understand! :o )

I saw a teddy bear sat on bricks to countdown christmas in tesco's so it means you can count down to anything. I would love to have one in the class as advent calendars are no good as there's 30 children and only 19 days till school breaks up.It's £8 and I was good and resisted in front of hubby but I have to nip in ALONE for milk tomorrow morning...... :o

His name is Noel xD

jmb,

you're not sad, in fact you are really lovely. I think the world would be far more lovely if there were more mums like you (especially after everything that has happened this week). They are lucky girls, mrsW

oh thankyou mrsW, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me for a long while.

I can go to bed feeling very happy........and still excited.

I also bought them some santa writing paper to send them so they can write to santa ( or me!!) :oxD

jackie x

We always had a lump of coal (boxed or wrapped) in the bottom of our stockings, for my own children I put in potatoes; size depending how high up on Santa's naughty list they are! I think the 13 year old will be getting her very own sack of potatoes this year. :o

Karrie

We always had a tangerine at the bottom of our stockings, and I still do that for my unmarried children. I always thought that the stocking was the best of the christmas presents. It was lovely feeling the weight of it at the end of the bed, then feeling all the lumps and bumps and opening it slowly to make the expectation last.

My boys still have Christmas stockings at 25 and 28. It gets harder to know what to put in, but they always know that they will get chocolate money, a selection box and some underwear!!!

xD husband is called 'slim' teddy is called 'Noel' They have a lot in common both being round and cuddly and static in the same position! Husband on the settee, teddy on the mantle piece.I tried it the other way around but teddy kept falling off the settee!! :o

Always have new coins, an apple, tangerine, chocolate money, chocolate father christmas and a cuddly toy sitting on the top of their christmas stockings. Then lots of interesting shaped pressies.

Sacks (used to be pillow cases in my day), always have selection box and slippers.

Since my girls were tiny, they have always had a Christmas eve present. Always pjyamas.

This was so that when we got the video camera out on christmas morning to film them opening their gifts, they looked really reasonably clean and lovely xD

They still have their christmas eve pressies, and spend ages guessing what it is, but the video camera no longer comes out :o

jackie

We were allowed to choose one present from under the tree when we came back from midnight mass to open before bed. I usually went for the stangest shape which ended up turning out to be something most boring. :o