Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Best Resources For Early Years. If You Had £100 To Spend....

What do you use in your Nursery/reception/year one classrooms that you find indispensible?

What do your children love most?

What has the biggest learning through play value?

Builders trays are great - any other suggestions- big or small - gratefully received.

play dough, our mornings would be incomplete without the playdough table

when I go off to do mobile creches the key things I always take with me

play dough

a role play box just a few dressing up bits and a few cups and plates

box of duplo(or other simular construction toy) with duplo cars, people and animals so everything interlocks and doesnt fall over

paper pens/crayons glue sticks and scissors and small packet of collage bits

books and jigsaw puzzles

blow up beach ball

Thanks for replies so far. Just cant decide what to buy. If you have compare bears or toher similar (dinosaurs, fruit, vehicles) which are most popular?

Alison whats the beach ball for? :o - i know what you mean about play dough !!

the cardboard delivery box and toy saws to chop it up! (meaning that children are always going to go for things their imagination conjures up) Mine spent all morning yesterday with a cardboard box - pushed each other about for ages, shut each other in and closed the flaps and finally, when all other options were exhausted, simply sawed it up into tiny pieces which they delivered to the paper bin.

But i guess if i was buying something it would be something for the arty crafty area to put all the little bits in - but so they were still easily available

we have compare bears, counting kids, puppies, fish and fruit.

Have two or three out each half term and then tend to swap them over, but i'd go with the puppies, more colours.

jackie

our current children love pegs and plates.. we have a set of plastic plates in various colours (ours are Ikea and children can see through them) and coloured pegs in sets of 10, often asked for or in use.. more than the compare bears...

Inge

so glad you asked about the beach ball....

cause of doing mobile creches we dont always go somewhere with outdoor facilities so its something small that we can get out and have some physical play with or make a circle time game with and the added bonus being we can deflate it and hide it when we dont want it out and if it gets broke its cheap and easy to replace

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)