Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recommend Any Course's?

i have just started level 2nvq in child care to then go on to level 3 and hopefully qualify as a nursery nurse. But whilst doing the nvq i was wondering if there are any courses that any of you would recommend thanks. :) claire

Hello Claire welcome to the site................ :D:D:D

there are all the obvious courses child protection, first aid, equal ops, food hygene, behavour management, senco, birth to three matters(very important at the mo)... :o

i dont know if these are covered in your NVQ2, there are also lots of fun courses (should be run by your local early years) like art, outdoors,festivals,literacy, numeracy( i send myself and staff on these as not only are they good fun but you get delicious lunches as well) xD:(

Hello Clare, :D There are some 1 day courses, 6 of them for the area's of learning in the foundation stage. Not sure if they're free though or who runs them. I'm in Birmingham and it might be our EYPDC. Will check. In the meantime you are sure to get more good ideas here. :D

Hi Claire -

Welcome to the forum - good to hear from you! :)

If you're in the London area I've just posted some courses running at the Institute of Education this autumn. They are quite expensive in comparison with the EYDCP ones you'll probably have running locally, but you might want to check the content to see. You can find them in the Calendar links on this and other pages.

Regards, Steve.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)