Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Using Guttering - Water Play

I am in the process of making a water play area in the garden and am hoping to fix lengths of connecting guttering to a board for the children to use, however i am not exactly the most creative person and would love to see some photos of this sort of thing that you may have in your settings.

Any inspiration would be greatfully received!

We asked ourselves,

if it is attached and set up for them what learning are they getting?.. wrote it all down, for both set up and free use

and decided that more was gained by just letting them have it and use it how they want..

Lots of all sorts of play as it is used in so many different ways.. cars is the current one and they lay it out from one end of the area to the other to see if they can get the cars to move through them all.. problem came when they put a bit of down pipe in the middle and car was too big to go through.. took them a while but they did work it out and change the car! next week it will be something else..

Inge

I went to China to look at Early Years provision and they had a great one....(not with guttering though)

post-8191-1226433969_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

i will try and bring a photo of ours home tonight brain like a sieve at the moment but we have a board fixed to the fence with holes drilled into it, the gutter brackets are fixed to pieces of dowelling that fit into the holes so the children can put the guttering wherever they want at what ever angle they want. they pour the water into the funnel or into the gutter to see if they have working it so they all catch water. there is a bracket to go on the wall with a pulley system for a jug to be lifted up and when a second rope is pulled the bottle tips the water into a funnel but thats still a work in progress.

we have used balls too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)