Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hooray...a Deputy At Last!

Hi

Well Im sure many of you have been folowing our staffing issues :( :( :(

The committee interviewed for a third time to find suitable candidate-

One candidate was a child minder, very good but wanted £9 per hour :o :wacko: xD :lol: ....supervisor only on £7.50!

The other candidate was the deputy we had that left 3 months ago (had family issues at time).

After a good long chat they have re-employed her. We are all totally thrilled as she already knows our systems, and in the short time she was with us (about 2 months) we really started to gel as a team. Im thrilled a she worked really well with supervisor and was good for in-house training. To be honest the last few months have been hard for me there...courses, committee meetings, admin, planning etc- only doing 2 days per week and much done in my own time . Im not experienced enough but was doing a lot of the supporting of the supervisor and now feel like we have employed someone i can pass it back to (so I can concentrate on my own career! and hopefully training).

I have applied to our LEA for funding to do the Diploma. Included course details, letter of approval from supervisor and reasons why I think it is a better course for me. Fingers crossed they will approve.

Great news Marley, you seem to have a good insight into all aspects of preschool provision which sould put you in good stead for a successful achievement of your Diploma, fingers crossed yu get on the course. :o

Peggy

Great news Marley, you seem to have a good insight into all aspects of preschool provision which sould put you in good stead for a successful achievement of your Diploma, fingers crossed yu get on the course. :o

Why settle for the Diploma, marley: you sound like EYP material to me!

So glad to hear your setting is resolving its difficulties - and to hear you so positive about work and your study prospects. I hope they see sense and support you to achieve your goals!

Maz