Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Copyright Laws

Guest Wolfie

Can someone advise me? I would like to use the EYFS Logo on some assessment sheets that I am producing - does that breach copyright laws?

Hmm - not sure!

the pack says "extracts from this document may be reproduced for non-commercial research, education or training purposes on the condition that the source is acknowledged as Crown copyright...."

For any other use please contact

HMSOlicensing@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk

www.opsi.gov.uk/click-use/index.htm

Perhaps a look there will help?

Nona

I guess if you put the EYFS logo on it might suggest that they are official documents and may be a bit misleading...

How about using your setting logo instead?

I have used the coloured hexagons on children's Development and Learning Records

That's exactly what I want to do! No-one has questioned it then?

I've...well my daughter has....done it already, I just wanted to make sure that I "could"!!

I honestly think that if you make it clear that the document has been produced by your Centre and not by the Department of Carpets and Soft Furnishings, you'll be fine. If anyone challenges you, just say Maz said it was ok! :o

Maz

I honestly think that if you make it clear that the document has been produced by your Centre and not by the Department of Carpets and Soft Furnishings, you'll be fine. If anyone challenges you, just say Maz said it was ok! :o

Fantastic! What higher authority could there be, after all! xD

Priceless!!

Can we have a new government department please - 'Maz says'!!

Fantastic! What higher authority could there be, after all! :o

Am I every so subtly being got at? xD

Actually - do you know - that helps! I could never remember the order in which they came, I only knew that it was awful that families were put last - now this will help me remember!

the logo is attached, if anyone wants it. Just a copy and paste job off the CD

Edited by JacquieL
We do not have permission to use this copyrighted image

Actually - do you know - that helps! I could never remember the order in which they came, I only knew that it was awful that families were put last - now this will help me remember!

the logo is attached, if anyone wants it. Just a copy and paste job off the CD

I've just done a bit of research, you do need permission to use the logo, see information from link, here is an extract;

Copyright for images on this site

Some images on this CD-ROM are licensed from third parties; others are the property of the Department for Children, Schools and Families. Images taken from third parties may not be reproduced in any format. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned. Images that are the property of the Department may be reproduced in certain instances, but not without the prior approval of the Department. Application to reproduce these images should be made in writing to the Office of Public Sector Information at the address above. (USE LINK TO GET ADDRESS)

STANDARDS SITE - COPYRIGHT REQUIREMENTS FOR LOGO

Peggy.

p.s. Cait, when I find out how to I will need to remove your uploaded image, sorry :o (I appreciatte you added it in the intention to help others)

• 4 weeks later...

I honestly think that if you make it clear that the document has been produced by your Centre and not by the Department of Carpets and Soft Furnishings, you'll be fine. If anyone challenges you, just say Maz said it was ok!

I always thought it was Department of Comedy & Science Fiction :o

Nona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)