Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Light And Dark

We will be covering light and dark in next weeks planning following on from divali and fireworks. I work in a Reception clas and was just wondering if anyone had any exciting ideas for activities to fit with this topic? I have thought of a few but know how fantastic everyone on here is and would love some new ideas!!

Thank you :o

I love to make playdough with black food colouring and get the children to add lots of different coloured glitter to give it a firework feel! (be careful tho', the last pot of black food colouring I got smelled of POO/sick combined!!!!

A 'light source walk' with digital cameras so the children can photograph what they see. I have also done this with whiteboards too so the children discuss their ideas/jottings when we return to the classroom. (Of course I have the 'don't look directly at the sun' chat beforehand!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)