Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Malleable Madness!

Hello All!!

I am trying to put together a bank of activities for our 'tweenies' for the malleable area, which staff can choose from.....

Any suggestions or exciting ideas from you lovely people very welcome and much appreciated!!

:o

Attached one of my favourite preschool pictures, cornflour fun). :o

Cornflour (or custard powder) & water

Wallpaper paste (non fungicidal) placed in tights

paste and shredded paper (papier Mache)

Guinea pig / hamster sawdust with a little water

Extensive range of playdough textures

Clay

foodstuffs

Have fun xD

Peggy

post-3604-1225721908_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1225721938_thumb.jpg

Attached one of my favourite preschool pictures, cornflour fun). :o

Cornflour (or custard powder) & water

Wallpaper paste (non fungicidal) placed in tights

paste and shredded paper (papier Mache)

Guinea pig / hamster sawdust with a little water

Extensive range of playdough textures

Clay

foodstuffs

Have fun xD

Peggy

Is the "fish" picture, the wallpaper paste in tights? That looks fab!

Hello - just wanted to add my ideas -

cooked pasta - Spaghetti / shapes with or without food colouring

Sand mousse - dry sand with washing up liquid mixed in ( messy but will exfoliate your hands beautifully)

wet compost

water and flour and egg - pretend pastry

Gosh Wolfie, how observant are you, I thought it was a fish, but on closer inspection I think you're right!!! :o

I don't understand how the paste doesn't come through the holes though! And whose job is it to fill the tights in the first place! It does look like a great activity doesn't it!

I don't understand how the paste doesn't come through the holes though! And whose job is it to fill the tights in the first place! It does look like a great activity doesn't it!

I have done this Peggy idea - with wet sand and washing up liquid in the tights, the children loved filling them with sand, squashing them, getting the sand out, making lots of different shapes.

Good Observation skills there Wolfie. xD

I find wallpaper paste is ALWAYS lumpy when I mix it up, even for home 'real' DIY :o:( (hence it doesn't squish through the tights, well it does a little which makes it feel FAB)

and of course it was ALWAYS my job to fill up the tights, wouldn't be so much fun if I let others do it. (even though the children can do it too)

Peggy

and thanks Ger, sand and tights is fun too. :(

Wow Wow Wow!!!

These ideas are fab!! I am adding wallpaper paste to our resource bank!!

Lovely pictures too!! .... I want to try out the tights and wallpaper paste for myself :o why should the children have allllll the fun heehee!!!

Thankyou everyone!! My malleable resource list is looking a lot fuller now! Yippee!

Yes, I'm sure there is...Peggy's suggestion is for non-fungicidal though, so should be OK? I hope so because it's on my "to do" list for next week! :o

Hi Abbs, A warm welcome to the forum and thanks for your first post. xD

Unlike me, a person renowned for rambling and loooooong sentences, I do like a person who when they have something to say says it concisely. :o

Peggy

Unlike me, a person renowned for rambling and loooooong sentences, I do like a person who when they have something to say says it concisely. :o

Says Peggy in probably the shortest sentence she's ever used! xD

Welcome to the Forum, Abbs! Now that you've made your first post, please keep them coming!

Maz

• 3 months later...

hey im new to this forum!!

Tuff spot we have had

ocean-ble see through crepe paper for sea sparkles for waves and sealife creatures

red pasta

jelly and small people-kids loved it!!

pasta and mash potato

flour and trucks

porridge and 3 bowls ie goldilocks

pasta,spaghetti and weighers

magnets and spoons,keys,feathers,paper etc

although we need to do better ideas which are childinitiated.Anyone have any better ideas!!

Welcome to the Forum, eclmmcca!

Congtratulations on your first post - am looking forward to hearing more about you and your work.

Love the magnets and spoons idea. This week we've had shaving foam in our builder's tray, then crazy soap and then finally we used it as the base of our bamboo wig wam (or is that teepee? :o )

Maz

Are plastic coated paperclips still magnetic though?

I've just tested mine at home and they do pick up although I use the extra large metal ones we use on our tracing cards on the tuff spot

Guest tinkerbell

snow has been amazing

I chopped off big blocks from the snowhenge we had made,stacked them into a hill in tuff spot ,poured blue and green food dye on it and threw lots of gold and green glitter on as welland all around,put dragon in a crevice,wizard on top and a gaggle of princesses and kings,princes at the edge....it was a wow moment when the children came in to the classroom

they dug caves and poured the coloured water,re sculpting the hill .......I had to go out 5 times to replenish the snow

Tinkerbell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)