Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lunchbox Help

We have several children who bring packed lunches to Preschool and on the whole they are healthy - we do get the odd mars bar or chocolate pudding, but we say if the children eat the healthy stuff first then they can have the not-so healthy stuff, rather than filling up on this first or eating it later in the day on its own - its better that they eat the sweet stuff with other foods to balance it out. Anyway - that's another issue!

xD

What I'm looking for is a sheet we can give parents with suggestions for a healthy lunchbox. At the moment this is verbal when children first register, but we think it might be good practice to have this sort of sheet to give out.

:o

Does anyone else do this or have one I could look at to model ours on?

Attached are some examples I've used in the past, (not been reviewed for ages though) some of the content I've got from the forum so not all my own words / work.

We also did an activity with the children where they placed their wrappings on a board sorting in xD or :( foods. We did this for a week. This was very effective in getting the children to 'monitor' their parents. :o

Peggy

Guidelines_for_Childrens_paked_lunches_HEALTH.doc

What_will_my_child_need_to_bring_to_Pre_LUNCH_BOX.doc

post-3604-1225457825_thumb.jpg

Attached are some examples I've used in the past, (not been reviewed for ages though) some of the content I've got from the forum so not all my own words / work.

We also did an activity with the children where they placed their wrappings on a board sorting in :( or :( foods. We did this for a week. This was very effective in getting the children to 'monitor' their parents. :o

Peggy

Thanks Peggy - these look a really good starting point! xD

I have used one from Primary Plan Resources which was free at the time. Have just looked now and there is a small cost at present, but I think they rotate which items are free from time to time. It is worth checking them for their free downloads. You do need to register with them but the only email I have ever received from them was to tell me they had updated their website so don't worry about lots of spam dropping into your inbox.

I have used one from Primary Plan Resources which was free at the time. Have just looked now and there is a small cost at present, but I think they rotate which items are free from time to time. It is worth checking them for their free downloads. You do need to register with them but the only email I have ever received from them was to tell me they had updated their website so don't worry about lots of spam dropping into your inbox.

I looked here the other day and have paid for a copy - along with loads of other stuff, but they have never sent me a link to download them, and it's not letting me into my account area - so I'm very disillusioned with them - anyone else having any bother? :o

I ordered mine from them and found a typo on it some time afterwards. I emailed them and they responded really positively, amending it and resending it to me. So I would check it hasn't gone into your junk emails and then get in touch. Did the payment go through at all because you then have the record of that, or it might not have and the whole order failed. I did find them helpful though.

One word of warning the downloads are sometimes tricky on a Mac, so if you don't have a PC to download them onto I would check with them first.

I ordered mine from them and found a typo on it some time afterwards. I emailed them and they responded really positively, amending it and resending it to me. So I would check it hasn't gone into your junk emails and then get in touch. Did the payment go through at all because you then have the record of that, or it might not have and the whole order failed. I did find them helpful though.

One word of warning the downloads are sometimes tricky on a Mac, so if you don't have a PC to download them onto I would check with them first.

Yeah - i noticed the typo on the one someone kindly sent me on here.

I've just had an email from them saying 'we've noticed you haven't downloaded your stuff - here they are as links' so a bit happier with them now - always assuming the links work! Haha. Happy first day back everyone who start back tomorrow!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)