Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wanted Summary Sheet

I have now almost everything to date regards to the new planning of the EYFS, but have been told by our council that the informatiion that goes onto school will be a summary sheet, for us to write each child's achievements next to each area of learning, this is done every full term and updated. Does anybody have one that I could look at, so that I know what they are on about. thanks

Hi, was just wondering do you work in a school nursery or a private day one, just wondered if we should be doing one! Thanks cant wait to see what replies you ge 0258 x

I can't post it here as I know it is the personal copyrighted work (of someone for whom I also have a lot of respect) but our local authority also have us do this. They have provided an authority wide format for all PVI settings to use when sending children onto maintained settings. Effectively what they have done is take the earliest parts of the EYFSProfile and ask us to "mark" the children against these. They have been selected to ensure that even SEN children can show achievement apparently but this is essentially what they are. We show a child has achieved if we have 3 pieces of evidence from observations to show the child "can do", and write in "achieved autumn/spring/summer 20--". If a child has not done we leave blank, or if a parent is insistent they can do, we write "no evidence seen within setting".

I think what I was getting at is - if your LA want you to do this can they not provide a format for you to record on so everyone is doing the same? Ours claimed it would make it easier for the maintained sector teachers if they were all the same. Suggest it to them!

our Lea has made one up for all localaties in our area, but as usually they are abit slow in producing them or handing them out. I'm one of those peope who likes to get my head around it while i'm on a roll over, especially that i now have all my planning in place.

If they have one I would try to forget it until they hand it out. My new phiosophy is to ignore everything the LA wants until they give you what you need to produce it! (Feeling a bit ranty today everyone!). Our LA brought ours out with two weeks to go until the end of the school year and wanted them done for all those moving on that summer! I like a fool got them done only to find out most other settings told them no chance and started them the next autumn!

If they have devised one chances are they will do some training too when they get it ready and as everyone's would be different I would hold off until they give it to you so you don't do more work than you need to. Although I can't post ours (it's also far too long) rest assured it is simple enough if you are doing continual observations on your children.

I have posted a similar thread under Nursery Grant. My LA have sent me a new contract which states that we use children's services progress record, but we've never seen one. I emailed them and then I rang and they don't know what one is!

Hi

If I was you I would check with the reception teacher at the local catchment school before taking on mounains of extra paperwork. I know some teachers don't even look at what is passed to them from pre-schools and nurseries, preferring to make their own assessments from scratch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)