Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Needed

Verona

Hi there

Nothing to do with Pre-school - well I suppose it is - kind of.

I used to have some pictures of objects taken at VERY close angles - do you know what I mean? Things like a hair brush, telephone cable or slice of bread and you had to guess what they were. I am organising a quiz and would like a table quiz where I can pass round these pics. I originally got them from a web site about a year ago - don't remember where, what it was called or anything. Anyone help PLEASE?

Sue J

Thanks Steve

As you said very technical! It's exactly what I want (only perhaps not so technical). The problem is I can't print from the web page. Every time I go onto it the picture changes. If, in your spare time, (ha ha) :D you find others could you please let me know.

Sue J

Yes Hali that's just what I did after a while. I only used a couple of images (they were a tad difficult - even when the whole picture came up, I still didn't recognise some of them!!! xD

I searched for HOURS (sad really) and eventually found a site that has a few more I've got 25 pictures now, so along with other picture quizzes I've got, I'm finished! - well and truly :o

I'm finally off to bed.

Thanks again all

Sue J

Hi Sue -

Sorry for the delay in replying. I agree the photos in that first link aren't especially useful as there are so many engineering ones. However, if you did make use of any of them, and you wanted the real close-up images (which get swapped out for less close up ones when you put the mouse over them) I can tell you how to save them. Let me know! :)

Hi Sue

Sorry only just seen your message. Last term I took close up photo's of bits of the setting, ie corner of the book shelf, small objects on shelves, part of the fabric of a curtain etc and then printed them out and got the children to tell me what the pictures were. then to extend the game they were asked to describe where the things were, ie which room they were in, were they up high or down low, what were they next to.

The children got quite expert at giving really detailed descriptions as to the items locations.

Best of all I didn't need to try and save pictures off of the web of technical things that I've never heard of, what is a drywall plug thingy wotsit???? :o

Sue