Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Committee Chairperson

Could you help

I have been asked to become chair person of a charity run per school at there next AGM

but, before I say I will stand for chair, I need to know what it involves?

As like others I work, run a family home and am trying to finish my FD with OU.

Although it will be good for knowledge and evidence, I need to understand more before saying yes.

As I have always worked for private or county run childcare provision

Thanks Sam

Edited by Guest

The Preschool Learning Alliance have very good information on what it all involves, try their website and se if there's anything there. If not, get back to me and I'll dig through my 'archives' (tee hee)

If the setting you have been asked to Cahir is a memeber of the PLA the current Chair or Secretary should have a folder with details of what it should entail. It would also depend on how many other committee members there are.

smiles

Here we are. It not only details the Chair's role but other committee roles. It's taken from PSLA documentation HTH

Committee_roles.doc

Thanks

I have down loaded and looked at, will check with the preschool.

Just trying to do some background research before I say yes or no

Thanks again for your help

Sam

Just to let you know our Chair was also asked to be the Nominated Person for reference with Ofsted. I am not sure if every committee run setting has this stipulation. Although it sounds daunting it isn't actually that bad and other than an interview to check he was suitable there was nothing special he has been asked to do, although we do try to make him attend training sessions when our LA word the letters badly! (It helps he is also my other half so winding him up comes naturally.)

Thanks for your help

I went and checked out PLA site last night and found a useful document n the dfferent roles of the committee.

I also have read the document that was sent as an attachment.

Will speakto pre school managaer and go from there

Sam