Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas On Topics And Planning For Childminder Drop-in

Our childminding group run a drop-in once a week and we have just been successful in getting a lottery grant to buy resources for the group such as items to be loaned out, musical equipment, outings and other things that have to meet set criteria. Our only problem is storing the resources.

• 2 weeks later...

I run c/m's drop ins as well. With one of my larger more well attended ones i have now involved the c/ms that attend and get them to organise the main activity for the session. This helps keep the ideas fresh and gives new twists, and also a chance for everyone to have some input.

Ideas for activities that I have done as the main activity

grass heads

sowing seeds (ie water cress)

making shakers

fruit kebabs

healthy eating sessions

all the normal messy sessions - playdohs of different textures (sand, glitter, coloured, different smells etc), shaving foam, gloop, water and flour paste - using combs and all sorts to spread it out

using water/squirty bottles outside

large strips of paper and doing paint footprints

large pieces of paper and doing cutouts of the lifesized child

stringing and painting blank cd's

making birdfeeders

all the usual paint and craft activities

music, dance and movement sessions

i was beginning to run out of ideas so have booked in a rota of minders whereby they now produce a simple activity that they lead for the session now

but I am also looking for some more inspriation as well

hi im new to the forum and am a registered childminder for nearly year hello to everyone :o

Hi caroljessicarose

congratualtions on making your first post and welcome to what I've found to be an extremely useful and supportive forum

xD

• 4 years later...

hi all

i am new to this forum

and alreday have found it very helpful. im a childminder in essex but am studying level 5 at the moment at evening college and next year i would like to study the nvq assesors awards .

we will see .

suzxx

Good morning Suz,

Welcome aboard and good luck with the study, I am new to this forum too! its a great place to find all sorts of information out. All the members etc are very helpful and friendly giving great support.

Speak soon,

Hi Nona your CC sounds lovely!

As for what to put put out in a drop in session - continuous provision usually then ask the childminders roughly what their children have been interested in. Childminders also should be able to contribute ideas based on their childrens interests too - and can bring some things in....as it is partnership working after all!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)