Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Psed

Here's the link to a new publication, again download only. They think we've got limitless ink and paper! Also, the final bit, a parent questionnaire, appears to be missing but its still worth a look.

Thanks Lisa. It looks as though this is primarily aimed at practitioners with children under 36 months. There is also mention of the parts of SEAL aimed at younger children having been 'repackaged in line with EYFS.' and a CD rom with case studies etc.

There is also mention of the parts of SEAL aimed at younger children having been 'repackaged in line with EYFS.' and a CD rom with case studies etc.

SEAL has been re-written/developed for the EYFS - its called SEAD (Social and Emotional Aspects of Development), I gather.

Maz

Should schools automatically be receiving the revised package in line with EYFS? We havn't had one in school and I'm now wondering whether I need to ring and order one.

Helen.

Should schools automatically be receiving the revised package in line with EYFS? We havn't had one in school and I'm now wondering whether I need to ring and order one.

Helen.

Hi Helen, You can get one free of charge from online publications. You will need to register with them to order it.

Christine

Hi Helen, You can get one free of charge from online publications. You will need to register with them to order it.

Christine

Thanks Christine. Will get school secretary to ring and order one tomorrow.

SEAD is loosely aimed more at 0-3 and is a set of materials to support LAs in developing trainig or extending existing training. The LA training guide is exactly that. The practitioners booklet is useful info. All LAs have been given some funding to enable settings (in whatever way they feel best for the local context) to support CPD in relation to social/emotional aspects of development.

SEAL still exists and is primarily used in the 3-5 settings as part of the 3-11 SEAL programme in primaries. The red books have been updated but only to say EYFS instead of FS so your current booklets are all still totally usable and you don't have to get new ones in order to deliver SEAL sessions etc.

The two dovetail and are really part of the same focus of CPD across the sector. It all also links to a previous LA training manual for PSED that LAs were given a year ago and which has also informed development work in this area.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)