Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Short And Tall Activities

Hi

Can anyone think of some short and tall activities for inside/outside? I have a few ideas but I know that everyone on here is full of great ideas!!

Thanks in advance...

:o

I always teach the children that tall goes up from the floor towards the ceiling and long goes along the floor.

Thanks, Susan - this is a really good way to explain the difference! I shall try to remember it! :o

I stuck post it notes on the indoor bricks and the outdoor bricks 1-10. Inside the children found it difficult to make a tower up to ten without it falling over but they could reach the top. :o When we took the activity outside the same amount of bricks 1-10 made a much taller tower??? so much taller than the shorter inside tower. They even worked out Mrs L was taller than them so able to add the bricks they couldn't reach because they were shorter.

I use the story 'Pardon' said the giraffe when using size language. The giraffe can't hear the frog because the frog is too short so the frog climbs on the lion and gets a bit taller then the hippo and then the elephant until he is as tall as the giraffe.he jumps on the giraffes nose, the giraffe sneezes and the frog falls off! lots of questioning gets the vocabulary of taller and shorter.Here's my magnet board pictures for the story.

pardon said the giraffe by Colin West

I use the story 'Pardon' said the giraffe when using size language. The giraffe can't hear the frog because the frog is too short so the frog climbs on the lion and gets a bit taller then the hippo and then the elephant until he is as tall as the giraffe.he jumps on the giraffes nose, the giraffe sneezes and the frog falls off!

We love that book too, biccy!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)