Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Something To Make You Cry

Sue R

OK. I'm having a BAD day, even by MY standards. And Steve, you can laugh yourself sick if you want.

Having tried to destroy life as we know it - well inter-personal communications on the Forum, at least xD - I set about the washing!

A little background info, here. I have a passion for underwear - sorry Steve!- and have recently treated myself to some new stuff. My favourite is a sassy little set in a glorious, vibrant shade of Cerise (some of you may have some idea of what is coming...?)

Well, the machine duly did it's thing and I set about pegging out. My glorious little set looks lovely on the line, but -err- my son's WHITE Calvin Klein boxers and husband's BRAND new, much loved WHITE Jasper Conran cotton shirt are now a delicate shade of cerise - even worse, the boxers have several darker cerise stripes, and the Conran shirt has a selection of darker spots around the collar.

How am I going to explain this? Of course, you could say they should expect that sort of thing from me!!!

We'll just have to stop buying designer gear!!

Sue :o

It's a VERY easy mistake to make Sue. I once did it on holiday to my farther-in-laws white vests and my hubby's friends white T-shirts. (made evrything a shade of yellow) We were in america where apparently nobody does that there, because the shops dont sell 'glo-white' or similar. I spent the best part of 2 days soaking the items in the bath. I was only trying to be helpful. Smile sweetly when they come home, giggle (in that girly way men like!!) and all will be well. :D:D

Just a shame it's not as easy to shrink bodies, isn't it. :o Steve, perhaps you ought to design the site so that if soemone's been logged on for longer than half an hour it flashes up with some simple exercises to keep us all fit and healthy. :D

:o Don't believe you!! xD

Have taken the chicken route, and am just putting them through the wash continually. So far no success. However I'm now starting to worry about shrinkage. It might be easier to bu both new and forget, although not so interesting??

Sue :D

I've followed on from Sue's post because the title was apt. My dad (newly retired) came to my home while I was at work to mow the lawn. :) While looking out of the window after he'd left I noticed a raked patch of grass that used to be very long in which was hidden an old fish tank full of tadpoles. On phoning dad to find out what had become of said tadpoles, I discovered he'd tipped the tank out thinking it contained only sticks and stones. :o I have just spent the better part of half an hour, crouching over the raked garden with a spoon, collecting anything that moved. Oh bless him for his help!!!!!!!!! xD