Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq 3 Ccld

MrsWeasley

I'm just sitting doing my develoment chart.. but getting very distracted by various websites. :o

She has learned to procrastinate at the feet of the master! :(

Would be nice to talk to anyone else doing their level 3 :)

Especially as I keep telling her how useful the Forum will be in supporting her studies! xD

Just curious really !

I'm just sitting doing my develoment chart.. but getting very distracted by various websites. :o

Would be nice to talk to anyone else doing their level 3 :)

Mrs Weasley.x

Hi ive just started my level 3 finding it abit confusing at mo alot more in depth then level 2 we have started on unit 303

Hi ive just started my level 3 finding it abit confusing at mo alot more in depth then level 2 we have started on unit 303

Hi emsey !

I haven't done my level 2, just gone straight into level 3.

I'm not sure where we've started.. we seem to just be doing whatever we want. haha

Mrs Weasley

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I have just started my level 3!! I jumped in at the deep end without the level 2! Am doing it part time with 3 tutors. Have started with units 301, 302 and 309.

If you want someone to moan, groan and share ideas with, u know where I'm at!!

Good luck

mummyspud

Hi there!

I have just started my level 3!! I jumped in at the deep end without the level 2! Am doing it part time with 3 tutors. Have started with units 301, 302 and 309.

If you want someone to moan, groan and share ideas with, u know where I'm at!!

Good luck

mummyspud

Heya!

I seem to be doing the knowledge points from 305 at the moment!

Which optonal are you doing?

Mrs Weasley :o

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Mrs Weasley, this is the first time I have seen this post!! :o

We have just finished units 302, 309 and will be finishing 301 next week. Have started 303 tonight.

Had my first placement assessment about 3 weeks ago but won't get feedback until after xmas, although the assessor did say at the time that it was "fantastic", her words not mine but good enough for me! xD

Had first professional discussion today and it was all to with 301, went well. Assessor said it was very good, but again I wont get the feedback till after xmas.

We will be doing 307, 308, 309 and 310 as our optional units, we dont choose them ourselves. It is only a part-time course and they just dont have the manpower or the hours to allow us to pick the units ourselves.

What have you chosen and how are things going with you?

Only clocked on last week to tick the box if I want to read any replies to my posts!!

Hi

Odd that you do not get feedback straight away?

Does your assessor only provide verbal feedback on completion of your observation or professional discussion, or does she go away and write it up and then go through more planning with you?

If she does this, is it because time does not permit you both to do this in your setting afterwards?

Just interested to find out whats what really

Odd that you do not get feedback straight away?

I said this to mummyspud the other night!

I get my feedback then and there, I read through the observation she's written, and then we chat a bit about how it went etc etc.

Are you doing NVQ3 at the moment?

Hi

Its more because of the time factor. She has pushed to get all 17 on the course assessed and our first professional discussion out of the way (or is it 19, sorry just in from work and tired).

The assessor has said we will all get our feedback after christmas, although she told me that as I was one of the earlier ones, I might get mine before. Anything that I knew we didn't cover during my assessment (she didnt have time to ask about the policies) I wrote out for her that night and handed it to her in tech 2 days later, so that she had the written knowledge as well. She did tell me after my first assessment that it was "fantastic" and that there were certain things that she might be able to write off other units, as I had covered more than she expected me too. After the professional discussion she told me it was "very good" and that I had nothing to worry about.

If I'm completely honest then I would say I'm not all that happy about waiting so long, but its how she works and I have to accept it, as do the others on my course.

Last day of tech this Wed before we break up for christmas and last week and this week the assessor has been up to her neck in professional discussions, so I cant see me finding out anything before the new year.

What are studying littleantics??

She did tell me after my first assessment that it was "fantastic" and that there were certain things that she might be able to write off other units, as I had covered more than she expected me too.

Do you do it one unit at a time then mummyspud?

We have 3 tutors each doing a different unit at a time and signing them of before starting the next one.

Just finished 301, 302 and 309. Started 303 last week and we wont finish it until March. It is a big one though, all about child development and observations!!

Have already completed an observation as part of my focused activity plan, so I am allowed to write if off in unit 303. Only 2 to do and everyone else has 3!! Yay

• 1 month later...

Hi ladies, I'm been on level 3 since Sept and I was just wondering, I've got my assessor coming to watch me next week for 3 hours. I was wondering if you have any tips for me? What I need to do? Anything I shouldn't really miss. I'm really nervous about it.

Your assessor should've discussed with you what she is coming out to observe so that you are well prepared. Make sure you read through the standards you will be covering so that you have a really good grasp of what you need to be doing in order to cover all the PC's. If there is anything you are unsure about or don't think you will be able to cover you should discuss this with your assessor. :o

Other than that I would just relax and try to carry on as normal. Good luck! xD

Hi ladies, I'm been on level 3 since Sept and I was just wondering, I've got my assessor coming to watch me next week for 3 hours. I was wondering if you have any tips for me? What I need to do? Anything I shouldn't really miss. I'm really nervous about it.

Hi yakidodo!

Don't be nervous - I got so worked up just before my first assessment, and afterwards I couldn't understand what I was so nervous about! You'll forget that they're there, honestly.

Not really advice, but if you're having a bad day, it'll make a good observation! Well.. that's what my assessor tells me anyway. :o

Let us know how it went!

I'm sure someone else will be along to offer you some advice!

Mrs Weasley xD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an assessor! Don't be nervous - we are human. Try to give verbal hints about what you are doing, i.e "I'll just pick this up so that someone doesn't slip on it and hurt themselves"

A lot of level 3 isn't that obvious to assess so hints like that are GREAT.

Try to cover as much as you can while being observed, it's not good if you get stuck with the same activity for a long time and keep repeating the same words to each child you work with. Negotiate with your colleagues beforehand that they will take over from you.

Enjoy!

Hello all, :o

I started my NVQ 3 in october,

Child Study, physical development i'm struggling to find a theorist to link my findings to!!

Can anyone help??

Target child is 7 yrs 7 mths, he also has Cerebral Palsy, and is wheelchair bound.

PLZ HELP XX

Hi clarebearxx

I am doing my NVQ3 as well.

What are your findings? u can pm me if you dont wanna put them on here for everyone to see, the choice is yours. Do remember there is a lot of helpful advice on here though and they might be of more benefit than mine!!

Cant promise an answer but will try to help!!

Will answer tomorrow night all being well, or will let u know if I end up just as confused as you :o

Oh just thought about how that sounded!! Actually signed back on to correct it, was heading to bed!!

I dont' mean that you don't want people to see them, was thinking more of the confidentiality side of things!!

Hope I didn't offend anyone!! Sorry if I did!!

Hope I didn't offend anyone!! Sorry if I did!!

If you're worried about something you've said in a post, you can edit it, mummyspud!

Look at one of your own posts and you'll see an 'edit' button click on there and select either 'quick' or 'full' edit and magic the (potentially) offending words away!

Its a feature I frequently use! :o

However I'm sure no-one was offended!

Maz

PS Welcome to the Forum, clarebearxx - make yourself at home!

Edited by HappyMaz

Guest SallyBee

Hi There!

I started my NVQ3 last September. Am finding assignments quite hard work as they require some thinking about! Prefer the Question and Answer sessions I had on NVQ2 but I suppose level 3 is supposed to be more challenging! I'm too trying to link Theorists to current practices (301), I've done it but it looks like on paper, I'm waffling quite a bit! Working through 302 and 303 at present, trying to get Assignment 2 completed (302) too.

Edited by SallyBee

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say i finished my level 3 last year and it was the best thing i ever did, i know so much more and to think at the start i wanted to give up,i didnt think i could do it, really im trying to say if you have a wobble dont give up its more than worth it, and you get so much confidence in your job, good luck x

Hi There!

I started my NVQ3 last September. Am finding assignments quite hard work as they require some thinking about! Prefer the Question and Answer sessions I had on NVQ2 but I suppose level 3 is supposed to be more challenging! I'm too trying to link Theorists to current practices (301), I've done it but it looks like on paper, I'm waffling quite a bit! Working through 302 and 303 at present, trying to get Assignment 2 completed (302) too. does help that im on sick leave at present with a slipped disc!

Oh SallyBee! That's not good.. But obviously helps with your work! :o

Well you know where we all are if you need any help.

I'm just trying to get all of unit 308 done before my assessor comes next time. Only got 3 or 4 questions left to do!

How are you doing? Any idea when you're likely to finish?

Mrs Weasley xD

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say i finished my level 3 last year and it was the best thing i ever did, i know so much more and to think at the start i wanted to give up,i didnt think i could do it, really im trying to say if you have a wobble dont give up its more than worth it, and you get so much confidence in your job, good luck x

Lovely to see a positive upbeat post Jules. It can be a scarey time doing assignments so your post should help take the fear out and aid motivation.

Go on ladies, you can do it.

I am of course presuming you're all ladies

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)