Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Makaton

Hi can anyone help. I have an eal child in my class and would like to use some makaton signs with him. I am having difficulty finding some basic signs though and wondered if anyone knows of where I can get them from preferably for free! Thanks!

hi I hve used makaton for years and it works with all children, I did use it with children whose first language was not english and again it worked well, there are some signs on the internet but have you tried watching or taping Mr Tumble in something special of the T.V he uses a lot of signs as well as being something children enjoy watching, singing hands as well is another one.

killowengrill

we use BBC Something Special for some basic signs and also have a few of the DVDs which we used to help learn some of them..

we also use the visual timetables from Sparklebox which have been very useful.. alongside photos of the children doing the same things..

Inge

hi i have tried to use the sparklebox time table for day routines and it wont print? it took ages to put all the correct pictures to times etc and now ive lost the lot ?

was hopeing to find something simular if any one has ideas please,

ps sorry 4 barging in on you

Nichola was the quickest off the mark, so we look forward to her review :o

Well there's got to be some advantages to being off work recovering from surgery! I promise to write a review!

Oh and while I'm thinking about this, we've recently changed to Sign-a-long which is very like Makaton (I've only found a couple of different signs out of the many we use at work) but apparently much more accessible, cheaper to get their resources and they are very helpful (you can email them if there is a specific sign you need to know etc)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)