Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Journeys

i downloaded from here and adapted it slightly, then sent home a covering letter and an example of one filled in - then sent them home with files at the end of the term. Have to say most came back blank so re sent them home had 47/50 back :o

We have used scrap books for ours. We have stuck in photos, stickers with observations, longer observation sheets, assessments such as cutting, name writing etc.

We have used scrap books for ours. We have stuck in photos, stickers with observations, longer observation sheets, assessments such as cutting, name writing etc.

We also use scrap books but call them celebration books - do you also use a tracker sheet to tarck each child through the development matters or do you use the scarpbook/learning journey for this purpose too - any advice/suggestions will be gratefully recieved!

Daisyx

Guest tinkerbell

I have decided to keep a file,with dividers for my reception

at the front is the report from nursery/preschool etc (we have 8 feeder places this year)

then e-profile statement sheet all on one page which i may highlight as completed?

then photos of their 1st week at school,doing all sorts of things 2-3 pages,4 on a page

then the first 3 week assessment booklet

then page with 6 boxes labelled with each area that i will jot down notes for the parents evening at the end of this half term

then observations

I'm still playing around with this that is why I am using a file so I can put in and remove...

Tinkerbellx

I have decided to keep a file,with dividers for my reception

at the front is the report from nursery/preschool etc (we have 8 feeder places this year)

then e-profile statement sheet all on one page which i may highlight as completed?

then photos of their 1st week at school,doing all sorts of things 2-3 pages,4 on a page

then the first 3 week assessment booklet

then page with 6 boxes labelled with each area that i will jot down notes for the parents evening at the end of this half term

then observations

I'm still playing around with this that is why I am using a file so I can put in and remove...

Tinkerbellx

Excellent learning journey proforma in the EYFS guidance online in the resources section. Gives loads of examples of how to fill in. I have used these already.If interested and you can't find it let me know and i will give more details. :o

Hi! Really liked your link to the online EY magazine. Are there any more?

Tried a search on the DCFS website, but could not find any more links.

Thanks!

Hi

I have used the one that is in the new EYGS Guidelines. It is in the resources section. It gives you ideas how to fill it in. Really good. If you can't find it let me know! Figured if it is with the guidance we can't go wrong! :oxD:(

Hi

I have used the one that is in the new EYGS Guidelines. It is in the resources section. It gives you ideas how to fill it in. Really good. If you can't find it let me know! Figured if it is with the guidance we can't go wrong! :oxD:(

Can't find it!! Please could you give a link. Thanks.

Hi, We also struggled to get used to the new system. We met with other local group and decided the best way forward was to type out the stages and aspects so that we can write post it notes and keep track of where we are. We are still trialling the pilot scheme but it has reassured the staff - who were confident with the old system. But it does seem to save time, and it's lovely to have photo's, pictures, pieces of artwork and observations all kept together . We think it's a shame that all this will go on to school - we feel that a summary sheet would be fine for school and all the precious work and photo's could go to the parents.

The Statutory Framework for the EYFS does not state that you have to send the lovely 'scrap book' or whatever you call it to the school - it just states about reporting at the end of the EYFS through the profile and engage in ongoing dialogue with parents throughout. I would therefore be inclined to send that home and then report on each area of learning and send that report to school! Check with your local authority Early Years Advisory team as they may have some other suggestions. Any other ideas from anyone?? :o

The pre-school that most of my YR children attended passed all children's 'stuff' (for want of a better word!) to me, which I then sent on to parents once I had seen it. The nursery gave stuff to parents, which some remembered from New Parents' meeting that I had asked to see and so gave to me at start of term to look at - others I have had to chase. Either way, the parents actually keep it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)